Cashier Co-worker - (Part Time) كاشير دوام جزئي
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
- You are responsible to provide efficient, good service to make sure every customer and visitor leaves with a good impression of IKEA
- You are responsible to operate cashier counters and ensure smooth check out operations
- Secure that all the routines regarding sales transactions are processed in safe and steady manners That the check out is operated in line with the check out services the IKEA way manual.
- Secure that the daily operations of check out services are working according to the Customer Service the IKEA way manual including the queue policy
- Secure that the control of all economic transactions and routines in the cash line are carried out in a professional way
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure the accuracy of amounts of opening cash floats
- Prepare the cash counter to be ready to meet the customer, by checking the rolls stamp and tube box
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit / debit cards, gift vouchers or IKEA gift cards
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers
- Maintain the allowed cash limit in cash drawers and transfer the excess cash to the cash room safe through cash tube system
- Count money at the end of shift, handover money, return cheques, credit card slips, span slips, credit sales and gift voucher, coupon or certificate to the cashier supervisor (cash office) and prepare and sign-off the cashier reconciliation form
- Keep checkout area clean and tidy
- Ensure the availability of shopping / sales tools (supplies, plastic bags and wrapping paper) at your counter
- Establish or identify prices of goods, resolve customer complaints and answer customers’ questions
- Report any informality or discrepancy in processing transaction to the Cashier Supervisor
- Provide visitors with a positive experience by creating a friendly impression at the checkouts
- Involve in yearend inventory counts
- Implement and maintain safety and security measures
- Secure that all technical and IT equipment used in the check out is proactively maintained so that it is always operational
- Customer Service experience
- Good attention to detail and skill in handling and counting cash
- Good communication and computer literacy skills
- Assertive and able to remain calm and controlled when faced with emotional customers under stressful times
At IKEA we have our customers always in focus and we are there for them at any time they shop with us. This means that we expect you to be there as well, also during the evenings and weekends.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together.