- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
- Support IKEA customer centric strategy through:
- Understand customer needs and be responsive and provide support as deemed required.
- Being transparent and provide timely, accurate and complete information.
- Follow-up on their requests and keep customers informed on their projects, requests and/or issues status.
- Seek for better ways all the time to enhance IT department’s customer and leave an excellent impression.
- Recommend a best fit cost effective solutions for any IT needs whether to modify existing functionality or adding and developing new Applications or functions as requested by respective departments.
- I always provide clear picture and proper documentation of the proposed solution and training along with user manuals for specific user requirements.
- Manage assigned project and select the right resource to deliver, according to project management best practices and according the IT policies and procedures.
- Gather and document business requirements and prepare application design documents that would help in performing proper solution implementation.
- keep customers in focus and priority while implementing, administrating, or changing the network infrastructure components and guarantee a satisfactory shopping experience.
- Invest my utmost efforts in supporting my company/subsidiaries sales plans, expansions and annual goals.
- Design, build, implement, configure, document, monitor, administer LAN/WLAN/WAN networks infra and depending services / systems for IKEA SA, subsidiaries shared services and expansion projects.
- Work directly with vendors, carriers, and internal departments to troubleshoot and resolve any LAN/WLAN/WAN network related issues and document the incidents findings and resolution steps.
- Monitor all company’s LAN/WLAN/WAN, Internet links, traffic, bandwidth utilization and to log any performance issues.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network devices and different components/layers performance based on the daily routines and checklists.
- Ensure network access complies with leading standards and company policy.
- Handle the tasks of promoting additional services to business as required and maintaining up-to-date infrastructure hardware and software components.
- Ensure collecting periodic backups of network components configuration.
- Maintaining documentation library for LAN/WAN topology, configuration and IP schema.
- Enhance the posture of all networks through building and maintaining documentations, enhancing the configuration based on the company change management procedures.
Supporting my colleagues and other IT functions / systems in making changes necessary to the IT systems, in order to fulfill the goals of their projects and maintain business and sales continuity.
Ensure all network equipment’s have up to date operating systems, valid license and certificates.
Ensure we are in-line with IKEA standards and have the appropriate approved tools in place to maximize productivity and efficiency.
Providing my Leader with information related with ongoing projects and responsible of creating up-to-date channel on whatever ongoing issues, tasks or incidents.
Adhere with the internal and external of all SLA terms and conditions.
Support the Network Security function,
o Work with the corporate Information Security team to reduce risks to information assets by implementing controls e.g. encryption, network segmentation, access controls, and vulnerability management.
o Support any required security assignment by other teams.
Support IKEA expansion projects,
o Being responsible for designing and building the network infrastructure for subsidiaries and new openings.
o Contribute in IKEA Expansion by providing the necessary information in LAN/WAN Design, co-ordination with Inter-Ikea and implementation.
Managing vendors and 3rd parties’ relation, tasks and project.
o Procurement and building of BOQ.
o supervising contractors while doing passive works for networks.
o Review and validate proposed designs by vendors.
o Manage lead schedule and deliverables quality.
o Introduce new infra WAN / internet links along with all involved components.
o Monitor, report, escalate performance, deliverable, scope issues to the vendor point of contact.
Educate colleagues & co-workers on how they could access the network, and help them to use the hosted systems for their operations from inside the premises or virtually anywhere.
Maintain a piece of art cable management solutions, labeling, documentation for network components through all layers of connectivity.
Invest my utmost efforts in supporting my company/subsidiaries sales plans, expansions and annual goals.
keep customers in focus and priority while implementing, administrating, or changing the infrastructure components and guarantee a satisfactory shopping experience.
- Exposure to manage large environment/ Infrastructure, Exposure in Network Security products.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Moderator Role for Knowledge Base Articles
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Advanced decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts