Commercial Restaurant Manager (Thumamah Store)
- Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
• Ensure that systems and methods stated in IKEA Concept Documentation are implemented in the restaurant, Swedish food market, exit café and co-worker restaurant
• Together with the Com & In manager, you secure that the IKEA store provides a range presentation in the restaurant, Swedish food market and exit café areas and that customers perceive IKEA as a Swedish company and provide a day out for the whole family
• Strive to reach the IKEA positioning objectives
• Steer the performance in your area of operations towards maximized sales and optimized long-term profit by applying sales methods in accordance with the food & beverages the IKEA way manual, working with the IKEA Swedish food market manual and customer services the IKEA way manual
• Ensure the implementation of the sales objectives defined in the IKEA food & beverage sales budget, you set standards for the operating procedures in the areas of your responsibility
• Stay in contact with the international guidelines provided by IKEA food services regarding range and supplier set up
• Ensure optimal use of external service suppliers and authorities in your area of responsibility
• Contribute to customer satisfaction and sales by ensuring:
- Generate store traffic
- Generate profit
- Serve the many store visitors
- Offer a range that appeals to the many people on the market
- Strengthen the low-price profile of the IKEA store
- Support the quality perception of the IKEA store
- Contribute to a day out for the whole family
- Strengthen the Swedish profile of the IKEA store
• Ensure that the health and safety of visitors and co-workers meets all local standards and regulations and exceeds the standards like HACCAP*, SEC Checks, and ISO22000
• Ensure that the IKEA co-worker restaurant is in a pleasant and relaxing environment offers self-serve of a range of nourishing meals based on the local food culture at a low price
• Ensure that the IKEA Exit café will sell quick and convenient food and beverages to visitors leaving the store at prices so low that it enhances the low-price profile of the IKEA store
• Ensure that your visitors have the chance to taste Swedish dishes in the IKEA Restaurant & Café and then they can find some of the dishes and ingredients for sale at the IKEA Swedish Food Market
• Maintain the basic knowledge of the local restaurant market and in-depth knowledge of the competition on the market. You use this information to determine short and long-term goals, especially to secure the low-price
• Develop the annual business plan with the store management team in regards to your own department and areas of responsibility
• Contribute to the planning, execution and follow-up of the stores’ commercial calendars
• Ensure an optimal stockpile management by ordering the right product in right quantity
• Follow-up and communicate the agreed KPI’s within your area of responsibility to the store manager, the store management team and to your co-workers.
• Strive to reach the goals and key figures that have been agreed upon in the business plan
• Handle budgeting, sales results, operational costs, operational results and follow-up of all IKEA food & beverages in the store.
• Must have a strong interest and knowledge of the food service industry
• Must have a minimum of 4-7 years food service management experience preferably in a high volume business or in 3-5-star hotel
• Diploma in culinary arts is considered as additional plus
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
• Must understand basic accounting and mathematics
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to share knowledge and learning
• Must be able to train others
• Must have ability and sense of active learning
• Must be a self-monitoring attitude
• Must have the ability to control and supervise others
• Bilingual in English and Arabic
• Able to motivate, develop and direct people as they work and able to identify the best people for required job
• Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are strongly adopted.