Interior Design Group Leader
- Dhahran Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the role:
You are responsible to ensure that the visual expression of the store is in line with IKEA manuals, so that IKEA Concept is fully implemented within the store.
- Coordinate with 2nd interior designers and sales department when new items arrive, and arrange a plan together to display those items the IKEA way.
- Develop actions needed to be taken in order to improve your area and follow up on the results.
- Follow up on the sales results of each HFB(Home Furnishing business\Area), and provide the support needed.
- Insure on daily basis that all displays and Medias are organized, the floors are clear from tool and equipment, all safety actions are taken.
- Check for missing accessories and propping, make a list of these items and replace them with new ones.
- Improve layouts in order to create a good overview and visual impact and provide an easy buying process for our customers.
- Work with all the colleagues to ensure that the store is always in shape as new
- Check for stock availability with the sales department before taking any items for display.
- Ensure that all communications are clean and tidy.
- Check for any missing communication and take necessary action.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the visual impression and up to date appearance
- Make a visual check of all sales areas of your responsibility, on daily basis before store opening and ensure they are well maintained.
- Prepare an inventory checklist on the tools in hand, and submit the checklist for acknowledgement to the 2nd interior designer.
- Create an action plan for your area of responsibility and communicate it to the 2nd interior designer & colleagues.
- Maintain continuous meetings with your team and weekly follow-ups on pending issues, updates and future plans.
- In coordination with the 2nd interior designers, meet the different HFBs group leaders on a periodic basis and walk together through the areas and review all medias and commercial message treatment, display techniques including sales steering and the price and quality ladder and product communication, hot spots, price ladder, commercial lighting and customer flow analysis.
- Refer to the Commercial Calendar of activities, if required, and discus potential improvements with the concerned managers and group leaders.
- your HFB area layout on Auto CAD when required.
- Review the visitors questions and take action on the 10 most frequently asked questions.
- At least 3 years experience within the Communication & Interior Design department preferably in furnishing business
- Or 2 years experience at an IKEA store and documented competence and experience from other companies and schools
- Must be able to take the lead in planning, presentation and implementation of range presentation solutions and lead the routines of the Com & In department
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning
- Must be able to build working relationships
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Able to lead and supervise the work of highly specialized and competent co workers
- Able to plan and lead the competence development plans of specialist co workers
This job is in IKEA Dhahran Store