Control Room Officer
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
• Manage incoming calls through telephone switch board.
• Use PA system for commercial and operational announcements.
• Security and traffic through staff entrance.
• Coordinate emergency response.
• Handle customer queries.
• Visitor assistance
• Contractor control
• Postage management
• Operates the telephone switchboard in professional manner using the proper language, tone and answers before the third ring.
• Maintaining updated list of staff telephone extension of their home and mobile numbers.
• Managing the operational, commercial and emergency announcements when required through PA system.
• Monitoring staff entrance and controlling visitors and contractors admission to the building.
• Review & report that all items passing the checkout counters checked randomly to make sure they are paid. Also, make spot check for cashiers to review their transactions.
• Ensure all money handling procedures are safe and secure.
• Conduct co-worker bag inspection routine and ensure no items taken from the store without an approval including staff purchases & store assets.
• Safety induction for all visitors and contractors.
• Keeps set of keys for all the doors with locks in the premises, maintaining KEYLOG.
• In case of emergency immediately coordinating with emergency respond team (ERT) and local authorities as needed.
• Maintain and follow up the functionality of CCTV/control room systems.
• Register, log and report all the operations and incidents, and archive them in their proper files and Brief next shift.
• Issuing Work permits
• Conduct HSSE inspection routines
• Carrying out assigned tasks by line managers.
• Supporting the business as needed.
• Minimum high school degree with two years’ experience in relevant field.
• Firm and trustworthy.
• Able to work under high & sustain pressure.
• Flexibility of working in shifts.
• Good computer skills
• Must be able to speak and understand English & Arabic
• Must have excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Must be able to share knowledge and learning
• Must have ability and sense of active learning
• Customer service orientation