Restaurant Team Leader
- Riyadh 11564, Saudi Arabia
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. Come see things a little differently with us and help us create a better everyday life for the many people.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
- Support the manager to fulfil the purpose of the function and the development of the IKEA business in the respective area of responsibility, the IKEA Restaurant, co-worker restaurant, Swedish Food Market, IKEA Bistro and IKEA Café.
- Support your co-workers so that they make it possible for IKEA store visitors to take a natural break in their shopping for a tasty and nourishing meal, at a competitive price, in pleasant and relaxing surroundings with a taste of Sweden.
- Strive to make people smile while providing irresistible food offers in a welcoming atmosphere that gives our customers a good reason to return again and again.
- Ensure that the daily work routines are in place, that the displays are well-filled and the range is presented in an optimal commercial way and spend at least 80% of the working time on the floor, listening, acting, helping and supporting customers and co-workers.
- Ensure that you have the customer in focus and meet your customers with a positive, friendly and service-minded.
- Initiate actions to fill the restaurant at off-peak time and increase turnover per seat and maximize vitality and commerciality of IKEA food in your store.
- Work with your manager to implement range changes.
- Promote a safe working environment in line with the local safety and security legislation and the IKEA Health & Safety policy.
- Efficient maintenance of the Commercial Areas, ensuring they are clean, organized, attractive and inviting to provide a positive customer experience.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the food service industry with some experience working in food service management preferably in a high-volume business.
- Experience managing/leading and developing a team.
- Preferably holding a diploma related to culinary arts.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Experience in creating and executing action plans.
- Must have strong English communication skills and be MS Office literate.
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning and provide training to others.
At IKEA we have our customers always in focus and we are there for them at any time they shop with us. This means that we expect you to be there as well, also during the evenings and weekends.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together.