Communication & Interior Design Manager (Thumamah Store)
- Riyadh 11564, Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Com & In manager is primary responsible for leading the Com & In department in securing the overall visual and inspirational level inside and outside the store.
- IKEA store should be perceived by visitors as being a source of inspiration, tips and ideas as well as a qualified home furnishing specialist providing home furnishing solutions. Com & In manager is responsible for this goal in cooperation with the commercial team.
- Com & In manager supports the Furniture sales manager, Market hall sales manager, customer service manager and IF&B manager with expertise to secure that the commercial level regarding range presentation and visual merchandising in the store is optimized and that there is a common thread throughout the store.
- Com & In manager is responsible to ensure that the time plans and budgets set by the Store manager are followed for all work related from changing and updating all areas of the store in sync with the Commercial Calendar.
- IKEA store should provide a vibrant and exciting atmosphere that convince the visitors to come back for more repeat visits.
- Ensure the competence development and training for the co-workers in the Com & In department
- Ensure that all Com & In co-workers that build up range presentations are using IKEA (IMS) approved store equipment and racking as well as lighting fixtures and that all com & in coworkers have received proper education and training in safety and security aspects related to the use of these equipments, so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
- Work closely with the store manager to develop the annual budget for the com & in department, establish budgetary controls and continuously monitor expenses.
- Together with the sales managers, logistics manager and IF&B manager, ensure that the store provides a commercial range presentation in all areas and that customers perceive IKEA as a competent home furnishing specialist.
- Ensure that the systems and methods stated in IKEA Concept Documentation are implemented throughout the store.
- Together with the Store manager, strive to reach the IKEA positioning objectives and to position the store on the local market as the nr 1 choice for home furnishing.
- Secure that the store applies sales methods in accordance with the IKEA manuals.
- Ensure that all co-workers, within your department, are properly trained on special development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the local home furnishings market (e.g. customers, trends and competition).
- You interpret and communicate work procedures and IKEA policies to your co-workers
- You ensure that your staff works according to the pre-set and agreed procedures and routines
- You communicate with other departments and management to resolve problems.
Prepare, maintain and submit reports and records, such as budgets and operational reports to the management
- You are responsible for routine reports, staff schedule and attendance, co-workers job assignments and results and to evaluate their performance
- Develop and implement the annual business plan with the store management team in regards to your own department and areas of responsibility.
- You and your department are also responsible for the planning, execution and follow-up of the store commercial calendar.
- Work with the Com & In manager in the Country Office to plan and organize marketing activities related to the commercial calendar.
- Plan and lead major changes in the store including building up new media.
- Follow-up and communicate to the store manager and the store management team the agreed KPI’s within your area of responsibility.
- General retailing experience
- Must have 5-7 years interior design/visual merchandising experience in or outside IKEA
- Must have a deep interest in home furnishing business and highly developed knowledge of home furnishings and the way people live
- Project management experience
- Store layout planning experience
- Experience in working with range presentation in all sales and sales support areas of the IKEA store
- Communication skills
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning
- Must be able to build working relationships
- Must be able to speak and write English, Arabic is a plus
- Leadership skills
- Must have proven leadership abilities and lead by example
- Must have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate and develop the organization
- Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors
- Must be able to lead and coach a group of people that are highly qualified specialists in their areas of competence
- The Com & In manager needs to be very good in planning and coaching the Interior designers and the Visual merchandisers, so that the overall time plans and budgets are achieved. Normally during a business year the Com & In manager is always facing the challenge of trying to make the most use of people in their organization while having a workload and a wish list from the sales managers that is bigger than the resources at hand. The aesthetic and visual expertise can be left in the hands of the specialists but the planning and
We offer an exciting and wonderful work environment with great opportunities to grow and develop. You will be part of a values-driven and open organisation with the opportunity to contribute to creating a strong IKEA Brand for the many individual people!
This Job is in IKEA Thumamah Store