- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
You are a strong, experienced and passionate hands-on leader who knows how to lead through people and lead by example. You are passionate about developing & inspiring your leaders and coworkers and, together with your team using your knowledge of the IKEA product range, the local market, competition and customers, you optimize the shopping experience to secure satisfied customers and increased sales and profitability in the store.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Sales Manager reporting to the Store Manager, you develop sales in an efficient and effective way in all media in order to attract more customers to come more often and buy more and to secure an enjoyable, convenient and successful shopping and buying experience, which leads to increased sales and sustained long-term profitability. You use the IKEA tools and expertise of your team and your colleagues to support you.
- Deliver and lead the commercial action plan for your store; taking input from the team and the matrix manager to ensure the department supports the achievement of the agreed goals for the country, maximizes sales and generates sustained long-term profitability.
- Secure successful implementation of country priorities and the sharing and implementing of good solutions.
- Secure a consistent, seamless positive customer experience through all channels by ensuring that your department is always striving to fulfill the three IKEA customer motivators: "Is it worth it?", "Can I trust IKEA", "Is there something for me?
- Ensure your shopkeepers have the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to run their shops successfully and ensure their co-workers are ready and available to serve customers and help them buy.
- Analyze the qualitative performance of your store using IKEA research tools to improve the IKEA mechanical sales system and easy buying process through all channels.
- Follow up your financial goals, KPIs and costs, and take action on deviations. Motivate and develop team members by agreeing clear goals, expectations and conducting follow-ups.
- Secure competent and high-performing teams and leaders who inspire and empower every co-worker to recognize and understand their contribution. Identify and develop the many talents within the department to secure succession planning.
- Understand the IKEA social and environmental commitments and know how you can contribute to sustainability.
- Look at our store through the eyes of our customers and walk the shop floor at different times throughout the trading day using the opportunity to talk to customers and co-workers, giving input and encouraging their feedback to better understand the everyday lives of consumers in my market.
- Deliver on agreed goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by:
- Commercially driving sales through my short-term and long-term action plans.
- Analyzing my KPIs and working with my team to create meaningful actions to achieve our agreed goals.
- Controlling costs through working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using best practice and by encouraging my team and my colleagues to discover more effective ways of working.
- 5-7 years of experience in Sales with IKEA or an internationally-branded retailer
- Must have a deep interest in home furnishing business and highly developed knowledge of home furnishings and the way people live
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Have good attention to detail, persistent, structured and accurate
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-management experience with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to set budgets, implement action plans and follow up goals
- Ability to confront and manage poor performance.
At IKEA we have our customers always in focus and we are there for them at any time they shop with us. This means that we expect you to be there as well, also during the evenings and weekends.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together.