Shopkeeper (Planning stodio)
- Riyadh 11564, Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
Optimize the IKEA shopping experience in your shop and store to secure satisfied customers and increase sales. Motivate and inspire department team using knowledge of the IKEA product range and services, the local market and IKEA customers.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure to have the right number of competent co-workers in the right place at the right time and secure that they are fully able and available to serve customers and actively help them to buy.
- Based on the sales floor you ensure the shop is in excellent shape as new and fully and efficiently stocked with the four merchandising basics in place at all times and that the IKEA product range is presented in ways that inspire and satisfy customers.
- Ensure your team has all the correct knowledge about the product range in your department and the IKEA services so that they can share this with IKEA customers to improve their overall shopping experience.
- Understand the different IKEA sales and communication channels and IKEA know-how in order to make the best commercial use of this information for different customers.
- Take responsibility for your HFB goals and secure that your action plan ensures the country priorities for your Home Furnishing Business (HFB) are implemented in your area. You follow up and take action accordingly by using proven solutions and good examples.
- Actively sales steer to your HFB’s top-selling products, prioritized products (e.g. overstock/övertag) and IKEA service products in order to maximize sales and long-term profitability.
- Act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions).
- Keep an active eye on the competition and take appropriate action when necessary which you communicate to your matrix partner in the Service Office.
- Actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work with your team to understand how, together, you can contribute to sustainability.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Numeracy and computer literacy.
- Fluency in English and Arabia is a must (spoken and written).
Experience and Skills
- Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus.
- Experience of working in a commercial environment.
- Experience of working in a customer-oriented business.
- Experience of actively selling through understanding customers and their needs.
- Interest in people’s everyday life at home and home furnishing.
- Open to change/highly flexible.
- Ability to work together in a team.
- Ability to make quick decisions and take personal initiatives.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to prioritize and organize your own work to make efficient use of the time available.