Social Media Specialist
- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
To be a strong contributor to the IKEA brand team & establish the IKEA as the preferred choice in home furnishing solutions that create a better everyday life for the many people, thereby reaching the IKEA business objectives. Develop & manage all social media initiatives & touchpoints and supporting other functions by listening, reacting and communicating within the social media environment. This shall occur by:
- Stimulating home furnishing interest& driving engagement within the social media channels.
- To be responsible in developing and executing social media plans that establishes IKEA as the leader in life at home and achieve brand objectives across all channels.
- Driving traffic to all IKEA touch points (Stores & Online) by attracting new visitors to visit more often, and throughout their life stages.
- Lead in developing and executing the brand’s social media strategy and plan the yearly calendar to fulfill brand objectives and business priorities.
- Analyze brand’s on and off channel performance and evaluate campaigns along with reporting the analysis on monthly, tertial and yearly basis.
- Closely coordinate with cross functional teams (Agencies, Creative, Customer Experience & Insights) to share & inspire home furnishing knowledge to the communities and enrich their interest.
- Strengthen the positive sentiment, brand affinity, engagement, interactions, traffic, conversion and reach along with organically growing the fan-base.
- Brief social media agency across all planned activities that goes in line with the commercial calendar and managing the quality of content to ensure it full fill’s IKEA’s brand tone of voice; in-addition to campaign paid media briefings and optimization.
- Liaise with Customer Relations team to implement suitable solutions for customer complaints within social media pages.
- Implement new and latest social media tools, features and enhancements that enable efficient and effective impact across all platforms.
- Be responsible for supporting crisis management from a social media perspective, in coordination with Corporate Communications.
- Provide regular insights and analysis and that to be shared with consumer intelligence and consumer navigation teams.
- Lead the competence development and engagement of social media within the organization through increasing the knowledge and understanding on the role of social media and providing regular updates to the business.
- Streamline media spend on social channels & maintaining positive ROI across platforms.
- Generate strong social following across platforms.
- Develop reports showcasing channel performance for better understanding and optimization.
High school / preferrably University Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or other communication discipline is preferred.
- Retail and/or home furnishing experience.
- Social Media Management in agency or brand.
- Experience of customer-centric businesses.
- Knowledge of the effective use of digital marketing.