IKEA Business Designer
- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
To achieve an enjoyable, convenient and successful shopping and buying experience that leads to increased sales and sustained long-term profitability. To create satisfied customers in an efficient and effective way by offering solutions that make work more fun and enjoyable for them and for their co-workers.
Key Job Responsibility
- Supporting space planning for business customers by knowing the customer needs and provide them with smart solution, new ideas at affordable price.
- Inspirational and realistic offers to show IKEA as market leader.
- Meeting customer’s expectations.
- Offer inspiring solutions for customers that are high quality, well designed, affordable, durable and functional.
- Focus on providing the customer with a shopping experience that exceeds his or her expectations.
- Passionate about the IKEA products and create a high level of knowledge about the products’ features and benefits, and share this with customers and the team.
- Proactive in finding opportunities and acting on them to maximize sales through understanding customers and the local market and keeping an eye on competition.
- Act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions). You and your team actively sales steer to your department’s top-selling products, prioritized products (e.g. overstock/Concrete) and IKEA service products in order to maximize sales and long-term profitability.
- The right attitude and behavior to sell actively and help customers to buy.
- Understanding of customer behavior.
- Understanding the active Home furnishing the IKEA way (Living situations, style groups, store communication, furnish with light).
- Range presentation the IKEA way and Pricing the IKEA way manuals.
- Good analytical and strategic skills and the ability to steer the business over the short-, mid- and long term.
- Knowledge about competitors and your local market.
- Numeracy and computer literacy.
- Understand interior design and trends that influence Home and work furnishing.
- A passion for selling, reaching goals and getting the best for IKEA customers.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
- Ability for outdoor work needs.
- Ability to generate, visualize and present new ideas.
- Ability in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations. Able to be flexible and hands-on approach to responsibilities as well as the ability to meet set deadlines.
- Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus.
- Experience of working in a customer- and commercial-oriented business.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software (e.g. AutoCAD – 3D Max - Sketch).
- Open to change/highly flexible.
- Ability to communicate in English and Arabic.
- Ability to prioritize and organize your own work to make efficient use of the time available.
- Able to draw, visualize and present ideas.
- Ability to work in a fast retail environment.
- Enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.