Graphic Design Intern
- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
To secure that Graphic communication completes and amplifies the shopping experience and range presentation across all channels through IKEA visual and verbal identity thereby contributing to building consumers' perception of the IKEA Brand in the local market as unique and consistent.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop Graphic Communication across all channels that conveys the benefits of the IKEA Concept, completes and enhances range presentation using proven solutions, recommended principles, guidelines and national directions.
- Deliver excellent quality of Graphic Design communication across all IKEA channels (digital and physical).
- Contribute with deep knowledge and competence about Graphic Communication in working together with the Design team and other functions. This includes acting quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understanding the impact of these actions on the financial results.
- Develop communication guidelines aligned with the commercial calendar Launches, activities and campaigns that support and enhance the Range presentation across IKEA touchpoints together with the Design team and other S.O functions.
- Coach and support store Graphic Communication Coordinators in securing high standards for visual balance and consistency, quality and simplicity, cost-efficiency and sustainability in producing and implementing all store communication.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about home furnishing, graphic communication and retail design trends.
- Visit IKEA units to secure a high quality implementation of communication packages.
- Actively support in managing creative workshops together with the Graphic Leader to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise store visitors through the IKEA visual and verbal identity across all channels.
- Utilize available IKEA brand tools, guidelines, and proven solutions to develop the visualizations of the national direction and business plan.
- Innovate within IKEA brand guidelines to continuously improve offering for internal clients and IKEA customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design.
- Solid communication skills in both English and Arabic (verbal and written).
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite) and production tools.
- Ability to work under fast-paced changing retail environment.
- Travel to operating units is required at least once on quarterly basis.
This is a Coop opportunity, accepted candidates would be required to commit with IKEA for three months.