Graphic Design Leader
- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
To inspire and surprise visitors by presenting and communicating the IKEA home furnishing offer with a strong visual impression to strengthen the IKEA Brand and convert more visitors into customers. This shall occur by securing that communication across all channels completes and amplifies the shopping experience and range presentation through IKEA identity positioning IKEA as the leader of life at home.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead and develop all visual communication deliverible including creative direction for local campaigns across all channels
- Develop and lead the process of creating and providing Graphic Communication across all channels that conveys the benefits of the IKEA Concept, completes and enhances range presentation using proven solutions, recommended principles, guidelines and national directions.
- Deliver excellent quality of Graphic Design communication across all IKEA channels & touchpoints.
- Actively support in developing the country business plan and contribute to delivering the department action plan and ensuring that all communication strategy initiatives are focused on growing the IKEA business and supporting sustained long-term profitability.
- Be a strong contributor for the commercial team, and store Graphic Communication coordinators in developing, implementing and evaluating communication strategies that support a convenient shopping experience using knowledge about life at home and shopping behavior in the national market.
- Contribute with deep knowledge and competence about Graphic Communication in working together with the Design team and other functions. This includes acting quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understanding the impact of these actions on the financial results.
- Develop communication guidelines aligned with the commercial calendar Launches, activities and campaigns that support and enhance the Range presentation across IKEA touch points together with the Design team and other S.O functions.
- Contribute actively in the network of Country Graphic Communication Leaders and share proven solutions, recommended principles and guidelines with the Design team, and store Graphic Communication Coordinators.
- Coach and support store Graphic Communication Coordinators in securing high standards for visual balance and consistency, quality and simplicity, cost-efficiency and sustainability in producing and implementing all store communication.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about home furnishing, graphic communication and retail design trends
- Visit IKEA units to secure a high quality implementation of communication packages.
- Lead and manage creative workshops to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise store visitors through the IKEA visual and verbal identity across all channels.
- Utilize available IKEA brand tools, guidelines, and proven solutions to develop the visualizations of the national direction and business plan
- Innovate within IKEA brand guidelines to continuously improve offering for internal clients and IKEA customers
- Secure your own successor and successors for all store Graphic Communication Leaders by constantly searching for potential new candidates and being actively involved in their entire recruitment process.
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
- Previous work experience in a design or advertising agency.
- Proven track record in developing communication packages/ campaigns.
- Experience in graphic communication design, media and typography.
- Proven success in managing, inspiring, leading and developing people and creative processes.
- Creative and commercial visual competence, including a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Proven customer-focused mindset.
- Clear communication and coaching skills, i.e. the ability to explain concepts verbally and visual interpretation.
- Digital experience to understand role and potential of digital channels within all units.
- Strong experience in developing outputs across retail digital and physical channels.
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- Basic communication skills in English, good verbal and written skills.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite) and production tools.
Ability to work under fast-paced changing retail environment
Travel to operating units is required at least on quarterly basis.