Tax, General Ledger & Fixed Assets Chief Accountant
- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
- Provide the right expertise, simple tools, customer-centric policies, education to enable the organisation to exercise their financial responsibilities.
- Enable the business operationally with tailoring solutions to enable the organisation to exercise their financial responsibilities rather than enforcing control. Will seek to continuously lean and optimize processes whilst simultaneously improve internal customer experience.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Establish, execute & enforce internal controls and accounting policies & procedures for Taxes, General Ledger & Fixed Assets across the organization.
- Ensure Taxes, General Ledger & Fixed Assets statutory requirements and auditing policies are met.
- Ensure all Inter IKEA reporting requirements are met for taxes.
- Ongoing drive for simplification & automation.
- Develop & maintain detailed Fixed Assets register including assets’ tagging, assigning assets owners, etc.
- Develop & maintain periodical Fixed Assets inventory taking, capture learnings and apply corrective measures for future rounds.
- Develop & maintain new projects close out schedule & process.
- Ensure monthly intercompany balances are fully reconciled.
- Maintain monthly accruals for all relevant Accounts Payable.
- Monthly General Ledger accrual accounts analysis and take corrective measures accordingly.
- Monthly & annual tax (withholding, VAT, etc.) & Zakat filing & payment on time.
- Monthly, quarterly & year end close process.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance and/or Business Management.
- 5-8 years’ experience in Finance & Financial Planning.
Specific Designations, Certifications, Licenses
- Certified Financial Management.
- Certified Management Accountant.