- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
To work towards Establishment, implementation, and updating new and existing datacenter infrastructure,
Which will contribute towards the development of IT business assets and depending business applications.
To ensure technical adherence to quality standards and defined service levels and up-times.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain the agreed availability levels and SLA in delivering the highest possible availability of all datacenter components including but not limited to virtualization components, SAN, 3PAR, backup jobs, tape library, backup restoration exercises as well as operating systems patching, cisco and UTM components.
- Design, build, enhance, upgrade datacenters for all needed locations / subsidiaries including but not limited to capacity planning and redundancy of, power, cooling, firefighting, monitoring, racking, labeling, physical security, considering the highest industrial and company’s defined standards.
- Documenting and controlling upgrade and incidents history for each component hosted inside the datacenter or supporting the datacenter in any mean being installed outside the datacenter.
- Communicating with the products-application owners to facilitate the required HW-solutions and work together to deliver the technology – infrastructure as a service.
- Monitoring and documenting the datacenter components health through the dashboards and monitoring tools and act proactively on resolving-patching the defective product and maintain a clean and justifiable monitoring reports within and outside official working hours.
- Developing and implementing data center operations procedures, routines, documentations, standards, logs, datacenter components warranty, licenses, certificates maintain, etc.
- Maintaining, Monitoring cloud hosted servers serving IKEA / subsidiaries business and documenting upgrade, incidents history considering the same standards and availability level of servers, application followed for on premises systems.
- Developing plans to resolve any points of failure on the data center as well as developing the redundancy – DR solutions and knowledge bases.
- Responsible of maintaining the OS patches – service packs and releases of the hosted physical – virtual servers.
- Responsible of datacenter equipment’s maintenance tasks such as patches management and maintaining the latest possible release of firmware - hot fixes on hardware level.
- Maintaining physical medias (UTP – Fiber Cables), Components and accessories (SFPs – Patch Panels - Modems) availability as well as maintaining and controlling the datacenter defined standards.
- Maintaining assets and tracking behavior –versions history with a detailed level to each installed equipment.
- Maintaining and set the standard of rack layouts, cable management, power requirements and redundancy, cooling requirement and redundancy, UPS, power backup time, servers and boxes mounting and positioning.
- Controlling and maintaining the datacenter accessibility and monitoring, keeping a record of successful – failed access attempts to the facility.
- BSC of computer science or electrical engineering.
- Solid experience managing complex infrastructure and tier 3 datacenters,
- Experience in working with multiple technology provider and manufacturer.
Specific Designations, Certifications, Licenses
- Uptime institute certified.
- HPE certified.
- Microsoft MCSE certified.
- CCNA certified.
- ITIL certified.
Travel to operating cities is required at least on a quarterly basis.