Staff Planning Specialist
- Dhahran Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
- Support Store Operations manager and Human Resources manager in driving all matters relating to store productivity, efficiency and how to ensure the store makes the best use of available staff resources.
- Contribute to the development of the store staff planning strategy including working hour budgets for each area, staff cost budgets, KPI commitments, and scenario plans.
- Responsible for the utilization of staffing systems and tools in the store, ensuring they reflect optimized staff planning practices.
- Responsible to analyze and adjust when necessary the driver forecast figures and requirement settings related to staff planning with consideration of commercial activities and identified business needs prior to the start of each scheduling period.
- Responsible for providing draft schedules to all departments in a timely manner and liaising with managers on the development of final schedules, providing specialist support, guidance and training on the scheduling tools and follow-up reports related to staff planning to end users.
- Meet with department managers on a frequent basis to support in the development, adaptation and improvement of quality schedules that are within budget and have updated co-worker availability and skill levels.
- Responsible for ensuring scheduled hours, including planned absences such as vacation, fit within the agreed financial framework and follow the agreed escalation process when scheduled or actual worked hours used exceed the framework
- Continuously follow-up on staffing optimization KPIs add how they relate to store KPIs, produce productivity reports, working hour forecasts and update store management team.
- Staff scheduling experience in a customer-focused service industry, preferably retail.
- Knowledge of local legal requirements and employment legislation.
- Computer proficiency with intermediate MS Excel skills.
- Ability to take and analyze complex data and make it simple, relevant and understandable for decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate people and tasks, follow up and work with a sense of urgency.
- Have a passion for providing the best possible staffing levels in order to maximize sales and improve the customer’s shopping experience.