- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
The Construction Manager position is a key position to the successful delivery of our construction projects. The Construction Manager contribution, knowledge and dedication determines the outcome of every project and its execution.
The Construction Manager primary role is to represent the Owner in the day to day activities while providing support and directions keeping everyone on site and Managers in the office in line and well informed with the overall project activities and delivery.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ability to prepare cost estimates, budgets, schedules along with legible and word proof memos and reports.
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information as needed to other professionals to suffice the project requirements.
- Represents the Owner on managing and coordinating all onsite activities with all local Authorities, Municipalities, Developers, Consultants, Designers and the Contractor to insure a successful outcome and smooth project execution.
- Mandate Project requirements, specifications and coordinate Design changes between the Designer and the Contractor on site as required.
- Enforce safety procedures on site including all IKEA Subs and inhouse personnel in leading them by example.
- Review Consultant/ Contractor project monthly reports in collaboration with onsite activities and work in progress.
- Update and evaluate project schedule with initial project baseline to insure on time project delivery.
- Evaluate, assess and pro-actively manage daily onsite activities in order to mediate and eliminate any potential delays arising from the Consultants and or Contractor’s lack of management and performance.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture and or Construction Management.
- Well knowledgeable individual with hands on construction and management experience, ambitious, thrives to learn and grow professionally.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working as Construction Manager/ Project Manager/ Owner Representative.
- Fluent English (spoken/written) with Outstanding communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual, organized, analytical and methodological thinker with an ability to influence others.
Specific Designations, Certifications, Licenses
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- CCM (Certified Construction Manager).
- PMP (Project Management Professional).
- Saudi Council of Engineers.
Mobile to work in different Cities as per the business need.