Country Design Manager
- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
Be a strong contributor to the brand team and establish a creative hub to lead and develop creative competence across the organization and manage the creative team in the service office, as well as act as a matrix partner for the Com&In function in the stores and provide guidance and support to the digital commerce team. Lead the creative team, develop different design and communications solutions to support business needs across all channels, and secure they are executed in the most effective and efficient way.
The IKEA Creative Design team covers areas such as Graphic Design, Graphic Communication, Digital Design, Interior Design and Visual Merchandising
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead and inspire the Creative function to use the knowledge of IKEA home furnishing and people's life at home to grow the business.
- Lead, inspire and challenge the creative team and the store Com&In managers to take actions that exploit commercial opportunities both in the short and long term.
- Partner with the commercial team stimulate and increase interest in home furnishing throughout the organization and across all channels.
- Lead the Creative team in order to secure relevant and inspiring solutions in the area of range presentation, an optimal store layout and effective and efficient communication, digital design and content that builds the IKEA Brand, and delivers against business results.
- Lead and manage the creative process to ensure securing a multi-channel approach to all creative solutions.
- Secure that the country commercial team has the right understanding of the customer journey (store & Online), range presentation and communication in order to contribute to the development of creative solutions across all channels.
- Contribute as a member of the brand team with knowledge of people's live at home and consumer shopping behavior in order to create and implement the country business plan and other relevant strategies aligned with global IKEA priorities.
- Build Creative competence and secure succession for future growth by leading the process of creating a strategic plan for how to recruit, develop and retain high performing and passionate Creative talent.
- Secure vitality and seasonality by giving the direction for creating and executing the commercial calendar together with other commercial functions.
- Develop the creative function by working strategically, gathering and analyzing information, drawing conclusions and creating short, mid and long term plans
- Be the creative leader by initiating and facilitating workshops to generate creative directions and challenge the store Com&In mangers to do the same.
- Aesthetic design capability.
- Management of cross-channel design teams.
- Management of internal stakeholders.
- Graphic design qualifications.
- Extensive experience in retail design.
- Preferable inclusion of visual merchandise qualifications and/or experience.