Country Senior Treasurer
- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
To oversee all IKEA day to day activities of the Treasury team and ensure the company’s Treasury function is organized, efficient and produce accurate financial/ management records and reporting, as well as providing support to IKEA's financial auditing operations while ensuring adherence to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Saudi Financial Reporting Standards (SFRS), IKEA's financial/accounting policies and procedures, Internal controls and stewardship measures. Ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting of Treasury and Banking activities to ensure that financial information is available for decision making.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Supervise the implementation of the IKEA Treasury function plans, as well as ensure the compliance with IKEA's rules and policies.
- Assist in developing the IKEA Treasury function’s work plan; assigning work activities, projects and programs, monitoring work flow, reviewing and evaluating work methods and procedures, and directing such activities to serve the Department's goals and plans.
- Follow up the implementation plans and programs that boost the effectiveness of the IKEA Treasury function.
- Ensure that work activities are carried out to achieve the pre-set performance goals, and suggesting any necessary actions to the direct supervisor.
- Develop and manage banks relationship.
- Manage the Treasury and Banking related communication and coordination with external parties including banks, external auditors, governmental institutions, legal bodies, etc.
- Implement new agreed Treasury and Banking products/solutions.
- Implement Treasury and Banking cost saving opportunities.
- Implement short and long term Treasury and Banking strategies and plans.
- Ensure that the Treasury and Banking internal controls and stewardship measures are in place.
- Propose and document adjustments or amendments to existing Treasury and Banking processes and procedures to enhance efficiency.
- Optimize Cash Management and take the necessary actions to ensure liquidity through internal and external resources.
- Develop and implement short/long term cash flow forecast from operational, investment & dividends perspectives.
- Establishment and renewal of banks agreements (short/long-term facilities, online banking, 0% installment, cash deposit machine, etc.).
- Financing charges classification and reporting.
- Support in annual training plan and budget preparation.
- Look for more effective ways to reduce cost.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent.
- Min 5 years of experience in a related position, of which at least (3) in a managerial position.
- Experience of working in a bank or other retail company.
- Fluent English and Arabic language skills, both spoken and written.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in ERP systems.
- Very high communication and relationship skills.
- A strong self-drive and ability to take initiatives.
- Good organizational skill.
- Ability to foresee and respond to current and future business needs.
- Ability to use creative problem-solving skills in conjunction with IKEA’s core values.
- A dynamic and action-oriented team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.