IKEA Swedish Food Market & Bistro Team Leader
- Dhahran Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION:
You work together with your team as well as your colleagues in the IKEA Food & Becereges department from where you lead the IKEA Swedish Food Market and IKEA Bistro to fulfil the purpose of our function by building business and people together. You ensure that we contribute to creating a positive final impression for store visitors that both enhances Swedishness and gives them an appealing welcome back offer.Customers
- You ensure our customers are always in focus and strive to make them smile. You meet and serve our customers showing empathy and care. You are willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
- You lead by example and you are a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our customers, giving them a good reason to return again and again.
- You always look at your store through the eyes of our customers and walk the store regularly. You have a daily dialogue with our customers to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants. You then take action based on their input.
- You empower and encourage your team to take immediate action to meet the needs of customers and give input on how to continuously improve our meeting with them.
- You know about the services offered in your store and use this knowledge to help customers. You ensure your team does the same.
- You ensure that we host our customers and make them feel welcome at all times throughout the day.
- Together with your colleagues and manager you contribute actively in the development and implementation of a clear IKEA Food action plan for our store using the store business plan and country business plan. These are supported by input from growing IKEA together and the IKEA Food Direction & Strategy. You also develop and execute an annual action plan for your area based on agreed goals.
- You implement the range matrix to secure a strong IKEA Food range identity in order to distinguish ourselves from our competitors on the market.
- You co-operate with the Communication & Interior Design (Com&In) department and the Commercial Activity Leader/Local Marketing by actively contributing to and supporting all marketing and in-store activities. You do this by integrating the Swedish celebrations and yearly focus area into the store’s Commercial Calendar, including the activity range and communication packages.
- In co-operation with the Communication & Interior Design (Com&In) department you secure the commercial calendar’s red thread by providing an attractive and inviting atmosphere.
You ensure that your team and you know our top-selling products, 3 Aces and 1 King, and that they are available and clearly communicated and displayed at all times. We promote alternative products when these are unavailable.
- You plan and implement range changes in a simple and cost-conscious way. You ensure all co-workers taste and learn about new products before they are launched.
- You utilize everyday commercial opportunities to grow sales and profitability according to the goals in your area. by using other appropriate tools such as the Functional Commercial Review, customer flow and the 10 Most Frequent Questions (MFQ).
- You ensure vitality and Swedishness in the Swedish Food Market by working actively with activity areas, active sampling, combination offers and other activities that inspire and surprise our customers through engagement, learning and participation.
- You secure that the Swedish Food Market range is attractively presented and communicated, e.g. through story-telling, recipe cards, using the IKEA Restaurant & Café as a showroom and co-operating with Com&In.
- You co-operate with the Commercial Restaurant Manager to enhance the link between the IKEA Restaurant & Café and the Swedish Food Market. You take actions to promote cross merchandising/communication.
- You are passionate about your products and actively learn about their content, origins, preparation and other benefits and share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- You work to strengthen the IKEA low-price profile of the store by having strong welcome back offers in the IKEA Bistro.
- During unexpectedly quiet times you initiate commercial activities that attract store visitors and increase the take-up rate, or take other actions to secure productivity.
- Experience of serving customers
- Experience of working in vibrant retail environment
- Experience of managing/leading and developing a team
- Experience of creating and executing action plans
- English communication skills
- MS Office literate
- Experience of using commercial opportunities to attract visitors
- Business experience and knowledge from either IKEA Food or another part of IKEA retailing
- IKEA sales experience and knowledge of IKEA merchandising techniques
- Preferably gained in an IKEA store or similar food service/hospitality environment
- Experience of creating long-term action plans and setting budgets and following up on goals. Proven record of meeting agreed goals.
- Knowledge of the IKEA Concept, including our vision and business idea, IKEA culture and values, and how we create our business advantages
- A passionate leader inspired by the IKEA core leadership capabilities who strives to continuously develop as a leader.
- Decision-making and problem-solving abilities with the drive to make things happen.
- Tactical thinker.
- Understand KPIs and how to affect their results through departmental actions.
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise.
- Takes responsibility and can delegate when necessary.
- Communicates well with others.
- Ability to see how IKEA Food contributes to increasing the overall performance of an IKEA store