Core Area Leader
- Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job
Lead and inspire HFB shopkeepers to work collaboratively in selling complete home furnishing solutions for your core area. Taking an over-arching approach to your core area to motivate and inspire the team by sharing data insights and knowledge from life at home studies the IKEA product range and services, the local market and IKEA customers. Actively support the shopkeepers to optimize sales and profitability of their HFB through following up, conducting analyses and co-developing action plans.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Actively coach the shopkeepers to ensure the shop is in excellent shape as new and fully and efficiently stocked with the four merchandising basics in place at all times and that the IKEA product range is presented in ways that inspire and satisfy customers.
- Actively promoting HFB and cross functional ways of working you ensure that the team has all the correct knowledge about the product range and the IKEA services, local insights and knowledge of life at home so that they can share this with IKEA customers to improve their overall shopping experience.
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of retailing in an omni-channel environment you help your teams to understand the different IKEA sales and communication channels and IKEA know-how in order to make the best commercial use of this information for different customers across the various channels during their in-store experience.
- Analyze businesses and devise detail actions plans for the Store Sales Management that are followed up regularly and aligned with the overall goals of your unit.
- Support the shopkeeper by sharing proven solutions and developing good examples.
- Working actively with the One Business Calendar to support Shopkeepers in selling top-selling products, prioritised products (e.g. overstock/övertag) and IKEA service products in order to maximise sales and long-term profitability.
- Coach shopkeepers on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions) by co-developing action plans to improve all results.
- Act as the liaison to Sales Leaders in S.O. for active competition monitoring through teams and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Analytical business skills and computer literacy.
- Fluency in English/Arabic is a must (spoken and written).
Experience and Skills
- Business-minded and result-driven with a very strong customer focus.
- Ability to create a high commercial performance in others.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, ever-changing commercial environment.
- Experience of working in a customer-oriented business.
- Experience of actively selling through understanding consumers and their needs translating this into business opportunities.
- Open to change/highly flexible.
- Ability to coach and promote actively working together in a team.
- Ability to engage a receiver by creating a passion for your plans.
- Ability to make quick decisions and take personal initiatives.
- Ability to prioritize and organize your own work to make efficient use of the time available.