Deputy Sales Manager
- Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Lead and inspire the team to optimise sales and profitability in the store using the knowledge of your range, local market, competition and customers. Use the IKEA tools and expertise of the team and colleagues to support you. This enables the IKEA mechanical sales system to work efficiently and ensures the continued success of the IKEA Concept. You actively work towards fulfilling the four tasks of the IKEA store:
- to act as a highly efficient, and staffed, sales mechanism.
- to show home furnishing solutions full of inspiring home furnishing ideas.
- to serve as a well-qualified home furnishing specialist.
- to provide a day out for the whole family.
- Work with your team to ensure that our store is in shape as new with fully stocked sales spaces at all times throughout the day, and that your shopkeepers ensure their co-workers are ready and available to serve the customers and help them to buy.
- Work through your team, and with the support of other functions, to present your products in ways that reflect the width and depth of the IKEA range in order to satisfy and inspire the different home furnishing tastes of our visitors.
- Always look at your store through the eyes of your customers and walk the shop floor at different times throughout the trading day. Use this opportunity to talk to your customers and co-workers, giving input and encouraging their feedback. This allows you to understand the everyday lives of consumers in the market.
- Analyse HFB’s performance which you are accountable for and use this information to identify good solutions and ideas for improving the IKEA mechanical sales system and easy buying process. This allows you to best assist visitors to Search, Find, Choose and Buy in order to sell more.
- Work with the team and other functions to ensure we are customer focused throughout the store. This helps us to be the first choice for home furnishings and leaders at life at home in our local market.
- Ensure your shopkeepers work with their teams to actively approach and advise customers, when they need additional help, in order to sell more.
- Ensure our store is always a safe and secure environment for visitors and co-workers.
- Lead and manage your sales team to grow our business with sustained long term profitability.
- Deliver a commercial action plan for your store.
- Provide an inspiring and motivating direction for your co-workers and engage them fully in the IKEA objectives.
- Coordinate country input and store potential in order to agree sales, gross margin and gross profit budgets for our store.
- General retailing experience.
- Must have 5-7 years Sales experience in IKEA or an outside internationally-branded retailer.
- Must have a deep interest in home furnishing business and highly developed knowledge of home furnishings and the way people live.
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning.
- Must be able to build working relationships.
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in English, Arabic is a plus.
- Must have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate and develop the organization.
- Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors.
- Must be able to lead and coach a group of people that are highly qualified specialists in their areas of competence.
- Ability to engage a receiver by creating a passion for your plans.
- Ability to confront and manage poor performance.
- Proven ability to understand cause and effect of decisions.
- Skilled in creating a high commercial performance.
- Understand and actively use all IKEA manuals; build your competence based on the manuals; Selling the IKEA way and Pricing the IKEA way.
- Understand the business plan process in the store.
- Analytical and numerical skills.
- Sales steering and how to work with layout as a commercial tool.
- Understand the local market and competition and what this means for pricing.
- Understand life at home in your Primary Market Area.
- Ability to set budgets, implement action plans and follow up goals.