Corporate Communication Manager
- Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Purpose of the Job:
Secure that the internal communication is used as a tool in leading the business and our people. By creating an open, sharing climate where our co-workers are informed, the culture is a living reality and our co-worker satisfaction is recognized by our customers.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Create awareness of the importance of communication as a tool for steering the business.
- Coach and support business leaders to plan the most effective, appropriate information/communications activities and media for delivering key messages and information to internal audiences.
- Secure the information and communication aspect in the BPL process as well as the decision making process in the management team.
- Responsible for the local internal communication plan based on the unit BPL, the global internal information strategy and possible input from the process matrix.
- Define and analyze target groups and information needs.
- Identify, define and develop channels, tools and working methods in line with global initiatives.
- Plan, implement and follow up activities, secure a strategic, effective and receiver oriented information flow that supports the business.
- Partner with other members like HR and Marketing or others to align internal and external messaging.
- Develop and lead the local information network/matrix.
- Together with the network/matrix analyze and define information needs within the organization.
- Strive for an open and sharing communication and collaboration climate.
- University degree (Marketing, Communication, Economics, Journalism) or equivalent.
- At least 6 years working experience.
- Strong leadership profile.
- Experience in strategic information work; analyzing information needs and target groups, setting information goals, choosing the right channel and develop content, evaluate and follow up.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to develop, articulate and communicate business strategy.
- Excellent communicator and fluent in both spoken and written English/Arabic.
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to build network.
- Strong drive and problem solving approach.
- Strategic thinking and a high level of energy to realize goals.
- Self-motivated and take initiative when working towards set objectives.