NP / Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- 120 San Lucar Ct, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, USA
iHealth Labs is working with patients and doctors in the US and China to manage diabetes and hypertension. We are a Sunnyvale-based healthcare and technology company, and are looking for an experienced diabetes management expert to join our team with both technical and clinical roles to develop an innovative, team-based chronic disease online management program. You will utilize the iHealth devices and Share Care platform to manage diabetic patients both on site and remotely with other clinical team members.
- Work with a cross-functional product team to develop and constantly improve digital health solutions to extend the chronic disease management beyond doctor’s office.
- Serve as the leader of clinical service team, to develop clinical protocols and educational content for diabetes and hypertension self-management education program that meets AADE and AHA standards.
- Collaboratively develop an individualized care plan, behavior goals and learning objectives with each patient. Provide individual case management to patients.
- Use the established Standards of Practice and Professional Performance (SOP/SOPP) in diabetes care and evidence-based practice guidelines to determine the educational interventions for each individual.
- Collaborate with primary care physicians and other clinicians, utilize iHealth Share Care platform and devices to track and monitor outcomes and provide educational interventions. Provide real-time support to program participant remotely at shifts.
- Document assessment data, educational plan, educational services provided and evaluation results in each participant’s educational records.
- Utilize a team approach to provide services and collaborates and communicate with team members when needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Must have bachelors degree combined with licensure below. Knowledge or willingness to learn about new health technology is a plus.
Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) credentialed by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE), with background of a licensed RN/NP(Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner), Pharmacist, or RD/RDN (Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist). Board Certified, Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing or health related field. Advanced degree (Master in health-related field, PhD, PharmD, or MD) is preferred.
At least three years clinical experience as a CDE in a diabetes education center or a diabetes care focused medical center. Leadership in a Diabetes Education Accreditation Program (DEAP) is preferred. Extensive, direct hands-on experience on the care of patients with chronic conditions is required. Digital health experience is appreciated but not mandatory.
Height adjustable desk and ergonomic chair
MacBook Pro with a 4K monitor
Healthy snacks everyday
Once a week catered lunch
Work from Home days monthly
Flexible Working Hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.