iHub is an Innovation Centre dedicated to accelerating the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
- Assess portfolio company needs and develop a plan for post-investment support
- Play an active role in the strategy and direction of portfolio companies
- Working closely with the investments lead to manage relationships with the portfolio companies.
- Design reporting structure and support portfolio companies to improve reporting framework and optimize operational processes
- Liaise with portfolio companies on an ongoing basis to ensure monthly financial and KPI data is relevant and in line with budget
- Provide financial analysis and support to ad hoc value enhancement projects
- Collect and analyze investment portfolio data to monitor investment returns, risk levels and propose strategies to mitigate risk.
- Monitor and report country risk in assigned investment geographies.
- Provide fundraising support to portfolio companies
- Coordinate impact assessment of portfolio companies in collaboration with the investments and research team
- Support investments team in carrying out due diligence and investment appraisals, including financial modeling, valuation review and structuring
- Support the investments team in preparing investment documentation
- 4 years of experience at a leading consulting, private equity, investment banking or venture capital firm
- Demonstrated business judgment and project management skills
- Has an in-depth understanding of competitive market environments, inclusive sub-sector development and value chain/market systems development
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, management, organizational and communication skills
- Previous track record of operational/reporting improvement
- Excellent MS Excel modelling and MS PowerPoint skills
- A strong academic background and should have a professional qualification or has made steps towards receiving other such qualification
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.