- Herbert Macaulay Way, Lagos, Nigeria
iHub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
We are recruiting on behalf of one of our portfolio start-ups.
The successful candidate will conduct and lead research, produce user friendly reports and creative outputs, and manage research partnerships related to Creative Economy sectors and trends.
You will have experience managing applied research projects in a formal context and will need to show evidence of experience of managing at least two research projects outside their academic research.
- Research and mine datasets to create impactful analyses and visualisations on the Unit’s key projects.
- Review large amounts of data from multiple sources and curate the relevant facts.
- Perform statistical analysis using R/Stata and Qualitative analysis tools
- Leverage analytical techniques and technologies to interrogate, visualize and understand data sets.
- Support data and design production to research, scrape, refine, verify and interpret data to serve Creative Economy’s portfolios.
- Produce data and visualization packages in coordination with the Design Lab team.
- Work proactively and think critically to improve data and study design components of projects, tools and data stories created by the team.
Research Planning and Management
- Project-manage research projects, including creating and managing plans, schedules, budgets, deliverables and stakeholders contributions.
- Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis and follow-through.
- Provide any other necessary support as needed.
Research Production and Distribution
- Contribute to the development of project reports and other knowledge products including research articles, briefings and presentations.
- Directly contribute to and manage creation of research reports and presentations including drafting the findings report and presentation and collaborating with stakeholders on design and production.
- Manage the process and ensure research findings/reports/presentations are announced and distributed. Seek and manage the development and distribution of new/innovative methods for sharing the finding with internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for an accomplished researcher who combines excellent technical skills and experience in project and team management.
The Successful candidate will have the following experience
- Post graduate's degree in Statistics, Economics, or Development Research or related field
- At least 4 years working experience in a research field or as a data analyst.
- Experience undertaking research in a creative economy sector is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge and skills in Qualitative and Quantitative research methods.
- Experience in writing proposals, research write ups.
- Experience in developing research tools for qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Experience using statistical languages such as R/Stata
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proven success in ability to present ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively
- Strong analytical skills, numerical confidence and ability to translate numbers into clear insights and recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience in Human Centred Design.
- Demonstrated experience in managing research projects.
- Solid project management skills to oversee a portfolio of projects at different stages in the research lifecycle.
- A critical thinker, who is curious, intuitive and pays attention to details
- Innovative with ideas on approaches to collecting, evaluating and modelling datasets that will be used as the foundation for the company’s future solutions
- Strong work ethic and thrives working across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience of the Creative Economy is desirable
- The role can be based anywhere in Africa although Lagos, Nairobi or Kigali are preferred
What We Offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.