Startup support Programme Associate
- Galana Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
iHub is an Innovation Centre dedicated to accelerating the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
We are looking to recruit a Programme Associate who is interested in exploring a career in entrepreneurship support or early stage investing. She/he will join our Startup support unit to provide advisory to the next generation of entrepreneurs through our startup programmes across Africa. Reporting to the Programme Manager, the associate will support with research, operations, planning, marketing and development.
- Support the Programme Manager in designing and implementing high quality startup support programmes in line with the unit’s mandate.
- Support the programme manager to ensure alignment between the different stakeholders of our startup programmes including startups, industry experts and facilitators through clear and consistent communication.
- Manage logistics for our programmes/meetups.
- Interface with other units in the organisation (Finance, Communications, Design) to deliver quality support for our programmes.
- Work with startups in our portfolio to build, test and acquire users/customers and increase revenue.
- Write monthly reports on progress and achieved milestones of startups.
- Manage applications to our different programmes, as well as communication with applicants.
- Support the programme manager in Sourcing, application evaluation, due diligence and selection committee briefing to aid selection of startups into our programmes.
- Conduct industry/sector research to identify opportunities, partners, and industry experts for our programmes.
- Conduct check-ins with startups being supported by the unit to understand their challenges and needs and connect them to relevant resources
- Ensure startups are complying with programme regulations through clear and consistent communication
- Create content specific to the work of your unit and the startups being supported, for sharing on social media
- Manage all communication between startups and the startup support unit about programmes, relevant events and opportunities
Desired candidate profile
This role is for you if you are:
- Coachable, willing to learn new skills and motivated to grow your career
- Detail oriented and committed to delivering high-quality outputs in your work at all times
- Disciplined with the capacity to self-manage on certain tasks
- Comfortable with taking many moving parts and creating organised systems
- Entrepreneurial and have an Innovative mindset that leans towards solutions
- A team player committed to supporting your unit to achieve better outcomes
- Knowledgeable on trends and activity in the startup/tech/innovation space in Nigeria and the African continent.
- Experience in program/project management experience especially if it is in the technology and/or startup space
- Familiarity with business principles & practices
- Good written and oral Communication Skills
- Ability to use different technology applications to execute work (Google drive, Trello, Slack, Calendly, Typeform etc)
- Experience in the startup/investment community is a plus
- Experience in Business Advisory is a plus
What we offer
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.