First Line Sales Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work every day within our single platform and embedded digital innovation to help our customers be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
This role is based in Tokyo
The First Line Sales Manager will be reporting to the Market Unit Leader for Japan. They will possess the core competencies and capabilities to steer a team of hunter net new sales with an emphasis on the growth and expansion of the business across the region. The person can take personal ownership of initiating as well as closing deals in a player/coach role building/driving lean and efficient operations. With the position of trusted advisor who is comfortable in bridging the demands of the market with a company that has a great heritage and is on an exciting journey of transformation and growth.
This role will join a world-class team to promote the company’s ambitious growth agenda in a market with huge potential.
The successful candidate will be steering a diverse team with scope for growth and they will embed sales and pre-sales experts across each focus market in order to execute a structured go-to-market strategy addressing five core industries and three product sets.
Continue to build and improve the go-to-market strategy in the key markets
- Accountable for sales numbers and profitable growth
- Management of team - Hiring, engaging, retaining and growing talent
- Holding team accountable for results
- Drive sales and business growth to highly respected major enterprises
- Operating in a matrix structure that grants a high level of autonomy and accountability to the post holder
- Define the strategy and Go To Market execution of cross-portfolio sales
- Establish and uphold a high motivation culture across a diverse geography
- Sales and People Management having successfully built, motivated and steered a fast-growing sales team
- Demonstrated success of meeting and over delivering targets in growth-oriented companies
- Strong progression within their career in sales and customer development
- Demonstrates strong long-term customer relationships and emphasizes lifetime customer value
- Resilience and a natural positive attitude, self-assurance and ability to nurture as well as guide team members
- Solution Selling Background in complex deals
- Be able to demonstrate a history of building and executing a focused GTM strategy
- Existing Network of Strategic Customers who they can leverage as they expand their team selling
- Good strategic GTM planning and execution capability
- Proven ability in hiring talented sales execs who will bring long-term value to the customer and the company
- Operating Executive who appreciation the partnerships needed to be successful
- Great communicator who helps build the IFS brand
- Belief that selling as a team sport, leveraging diverse resources to properly qualify, contend and win
- Proven success of consistency and predictability of forecast methodology within the business