Lead Software Engineer – UI (Angular)
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH21
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work everyday with customers who continue to challenge their markets and competitors. As a challenger ourselves, we partner with our customers to guide them through their digital transformations and extract the most value out of our software solutions. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great. We are #ForTheChallengers and if that resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Help us build a world-class scheduling solution! We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Lead Software Engineer to help develop our Angular UI, adding innovative new functionality and ensuring it delivers a great user experience for our many customers worldwide. This is a key part of IFS’ Field Service Management offering which has been named an industry leader for the past 6 years by Gartner, ahead of the likes of Microsoft, Oracle and SAP.
This position is based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, though is fully remote during the COVID pandemic. Once lockdown restrictions start to ease up and the situation improves, we will take a hybrid approach with a mixture of working from home and in the office.
You will be joining our team of around 25 software engineers, data scientists and QA engineers, spread across 6 countries, who help develop IFS' Planning & Scheduling Optimization (PSO) product. We are loosely split into different workstreams covering the solution's user interface, backend and optimization algorithms, as well as the Machine Learning capabilities that we are currently adding, but there is plenty of collaboration between streams, and some people regularly work across streams. At any one time, there will usually be 5-8 engineers working on the UI.
The PSO UI is built using Angular 11, TypeScript and Sass. Although this role doesn’t cover development of the backend (there is scope to get involved with it in the future if you’d like), the backend has a multi-service C# architecture, while parts of our Machine Learning functionality use Python. We have extensive automated testing in C# with MSTest and Selenium and in TypeScript with Jasmine.
The product can be deployed on Kubernetes, both into Azure (using AKS) and on-premise, as well as directly onto Azure VMs and on-premise, supporting SQL Azure, SQL and Oracle databases. This wide scope means that we rely heavily on CI/CD principles in order to make sure we deliver a quality product. We therefore have a strong focus on automated testing during development, continuously adding new unit and UI tests and using gated check-ins to make sure our changes do not impact quality.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a modern, enterprise-standard web UI.
- Analyzing and interpreting the requirements to fulfill the domain needs both from a UX and functional perspective.
- Applying best engineering and architectural concepts.
- Ensuring product performance and maintainability by adhering to IFS’ standards, guidelines, processes and tools.
- Performing comprehensive testing and adding automated tests as part of the development process.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Actively participating in communication with stakeholders to ensure the solution is fit for purpose.
We are looking for people who have:
- A passion for great UI and UX.
- Expertise in developing modern web UI components and applications, ideally in Angular and CSS. Knowledge in Sass or C# would be a definite plus.
- A quality-first mindset and are convinced of the benefits of writing automated tests. Experience with Jasmine and Selenium would be a great optional extra.
- An enthusiastic attitude and are proactive when faced with challenges.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, and ideally are used to collaborating internationally.
- A university degree or equivalent professional qualifications.
Interviews and selections will be carried out continuously. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check to help us get an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.