Senior Software Engineer - Quality Assurance (R&D, Projects)
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH21
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
You will be part of the IFS Quality Assurance Engineering team in the Projects Product Group within Business Applications and be involved in all aspects of the end to end QA functions. Software Engineer - Quality Assurance is part of the agile development team and help the development team to achieve high standards of quality in development and support. You should have a strong background in Software Engineering and Quality Engineering.
Main responsibilities are
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Initiate, plan and drive activities related performance testing
- Carry out Root Cause Analysis with the purpose of increasing test coverage in critical areas
- Develop innovative tools for test automation and QA activities
- Initiate, plan and drive activities related to usability testing
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing features
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. Software Designers, Software Engineers, Software Architects and Program Managers) to initiate, drive and support QA activities
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology or relevant qualification
- 3 or more years of experience in web application test automation and documentation
- Solid understanding of QA processes, best practices, testing techniques and methodologies
- Technical design and programming skills
- Self-motivation and learning capability, ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible, no later than 15th October 2021.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.