Senior Software Designer (Data Analytics) - R&D, BMRA
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work everyday with customers who continue to challenge their markets and competitors. As a challenger ourselves, we partner with our customers to guide them through their digital transformations and extract the most value out of our software solutions. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their own career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great! We are #ForTheChallengers and if that resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We, the "Business Modelling, Reporting and Analytics group" (BMRA) are on the lookout for a dynamic and open-minded individual to join us as a Software Designer.
You as a Senior Software Designer at IFS would be responsible to:
- Understand and analyze the business needs related to our products.
- Analyze and innovate the analytics capabilities of our products. How can we merge tabular models with live transaction data and Graph data structures to enable new insight?
- Design data structures that enable flexible and scalable analytics to be done by users in an easy-to-understand way.
- Write system / functional requirements. Work in a high-performance team learning fast and challenging outdated thinking.
- A degree in Software Engineering, Data Analytics, IT, or related.
- Strong written and spoken communication in the English language.
- Experience with PowerBI and SSAS would be an advantage.
- Experience writing system / functional requirements.
- Experience with modeling and maintaining BI solutions.
- Knows how to handle large rapidly changing data volumes.
- Can bridge the gap from business to technology.
- Would be advantageous to have experience with ML and AI.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners. For more information, visit: IFS.com