(Senior) Software Engineer (R&D) - Customer Relationship Management
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
You will join our CRM group R&D team, where you will initially be involved in the full lifecycle of key CRM components. You will report to the CRM Director of Software Engineering.
CRM, short for Customer Relationship Management, is an approach to manage a company's interaction with current and potential customers. One important aspect of CRM is the CRM system used to store information that sales professionals need in order manage their customers and prospects. The functionality makes it easy for companies to manage relationships with their customers and prospects, follow up on leads, manage calendar and day-to-day actions, setup and coordinate marketing campaigns as well as manage opportunity pipeline efficiently.
As Software Engineer you will have the responsibility to design, develop and maintain software included in IFS CRM. The role is focused on interpreting and analyzing functional and technical requirements to create fit-for-purpose and enterprise-grade software. Stability, performance, maintainability, usability and security are key aspects of this role. You are good at listening and communicating and you share knowledge and experience naturally. If you consider yourself as a person that is pro-active, takes initiative and responsibility, and wants to be part of a diverse and skilled team we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the full R&D lifecycle of our products including design, development, testing, bug fixing, documentation and 3rd line support
- Write robust high-quality documented code adhering to the most appropriate coding practices
- Produce clear release documentation
- Assist with unit and system testing
- Provide 3rd line technical support
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Share knowledge, guide and train colleagues
- Be an active member of the team
- Contribute to improvements in IFS products, services and processes.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
- Technically design and develop fit for purpose software based on functional and technical requirements
- Technically test, debug, review and maintain software to ensure quality and stability of the code
- Create documentation, presentation and training material
- Engage with requirement owners and other stakeholders
- Share knowledge, guide and train colleagues
- Contributes to improvements in IFS products, services and processes
Overall Required Competence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in building commercial business applications
- Good technical design and programming skills
- Solid SQL skills
- Java and Oracle PL/SQL skills
- .NET development experience using C#
- Basic functional design skills
- Good software design skills
- Basic UX design skills
- Software security knowledge
- Performance knowledge
- Software documentation skills
- Quality assurance skills
- Mobile/touch-app development experience would be an advantage
Skills and Abilities
- Pro-active, take initiative and responsibility
- Good communication skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Goal and execution oriented
- Takes pride in what is developed
- A natural desire to discover and learn new technologies and processes
- Ability to work as part of the team
- A strong commitment to quality
- A passion for creating great software
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.