Senior Android Engineer
- 8281 Greensboro Dr, McLean, VA 22102, USA
ID.me is a venture backed company in hyper-growth. We are adding about a new million users per month with about 60,000 new users signing up per day. We have had negligible business customer churn since inception, and we almost always significantly upsell and cross-sell accounts after establishing a relationship.
ID.me is the most trusted digital identity network, providing mobile and online identity verification technology in the U.S. for commercial and public sector partners. Our mission is to make the world a more trusted place by facilitating transparent and efficient interactions between people and organizations. With over 27M users and counting, we’re just getting started. As a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve more with their digital identity, we want to ensure we are inclusive, safe, and secure in the mind of the consumer.
ID.me is looking for a Senior Android Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. The Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications in the digital identity ecosystem. The Sr Android Engineer will work closely with other app development and technical teams. The right person is a self-starter, self-sufficient, and should have 5+ years of experience developing mobile applications and related technologies.
- Build and maintain Android mobile applications, and deployment pipeline
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Write well-structured, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Debug and optimize new and existing code, and write high quality unit tests
- Derive actionable insights based on analytics and implement key components according to these discoveries
- Work independently and collaboratively with other software engineers on cross-team projects, defining, designing and shipping new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Lead and contribute to peer code reviews
- Help build out our mobile applications team
- 5+ years of proven software development experience and Android skills development, and prior publication of at least one original Android app
- 3+ years experience in Java required
- 3+ years experience with Kotlin preferred
- Prior work with outside data sources and APIs (Firebase, Sentry, etc)
- Prior experience bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Knowledge of relational databases such as PostgresSQL, MySQL or MSSQL Server, or similar databases
- Experience with source control using Git and GitHub.2
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for software engineering, learning and continuous improvement
- Familiarity with Oauth 2.0 or SAML
- Experience with Wear OS
- Prior experience with Swift
- Knowledge of TOTP, FIDO, Yubikeys, or mobile authenticators
- Experience with mobile or API encryption
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Act like a scientist, not a talking head. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *If the rule prevents the right outcome, then break the rule.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers