Watson Health - Client Service Manager- Truven/IBM
- New York, NY
The Sr. Business Analyst position will support Federal contracts in the areas of Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA), program compliance, and quality of care reporting and quality incentive programs. More specifically, this position will assist with the identification and implementation of innovative strategies that address program risks and compliance. Completes research on other special projects as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of laws and regulations impacting healthcare delivery and reimbursement.
- Apply health analysis methods and measures, utilizing basic statistical methods, to understand industry issues and problems, relate them to clients' needs, and propose appropriate solutions.
- Utilize analytic tools and interactive presentation methods (e.g., SAS, CMS Integrated Data Repository) to gather, interpret and communicate data, and to support recommendations and decision making.
- Manage evolving client expectations, needs and priorities.
- Collaborate with project team to ensure effective integration with consulting and service delivery capabilities and priorities.
- Meet face-to-face with clients as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare analysis and/or consulting.
- 5+ years of SAS experience.
- Experience in applying health analysis methods and measures utilizing basic statistical methods (exemplary critical thinking skills).
- Demonstrated ability to understand industry issues and problems, relate them to clients' needs, and propose appropriate solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of federal healthcare programs, particularly Medicare and Medicaid coverage and payment policies.
- Working knowledge of claims processing.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and CMS security requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking and human relations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.