Senior Full-Stack (Laravel/Vue) Developer - Remote
Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets. We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
Our team within this group is new and has the mandate to develop the next generation of software that powers movement and transportation. This means our primary focus is on greenfield projects with modern technology stacks.
While our team is currently small, we're looking for likeminded developers to join us in creating beautiful applications with code that's readable and maintainable, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Our focus is finding someone who fits our team on a technical level, but also on a personal level. It's important to us to find someone who can share and receive feedback with any member of our team comfortably, as well as have fun during stand ups or lunches.
As a full stack developer, you'll be reviewing pull requests and performing code reviews for developers of all levels, while also having the ability to notice UI inconsistencies. A strong attention to detail is important for this role. If you're reading this, include the word "caterpillar" somewhere in your application. We truly care about producing quality software and we hope you do as well.
As part of our Programme and Project Management team, you’ll help deliver some of the biggest, most iconic projects imaginable, with some of the best talent around. With your energy, agility and a keen eye for detail, you’ll deliver transformational outcomes for multiple clients every day.
Our Current Tech Stack:
- Vue3 using the composition API, TypeScript and InertiaJS
- TailwindCSS + shadcn/ui library
- Design and develop complex back-end services and APIs
- Create front-end components and pages based on a description of their intended functionality
- Build internal tools to help speed up productivity and reduce code duplication between projects
- Collaborate with team members on architecture decisions, design, and troubleshooting (sometimes we all need a rubber duck)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional with PHP 8.x
- Experience working with Laravel
- Proficient in Vue, TypeScript, and Vue3’s composition API
- Experience with any flavour of SQL, event based systems, linux/command line tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to provide feedback as well as receive it
- Balancing features vs. timelines and communicating that balance
- Creative thinking & troubleshooting
- Ability to make decisions autonomously when needed
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Arcadis selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We request applicants submit RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
Join Arcadis. Create a legacy.