Project Manager (Education Architecture)
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
IBI Group is now proudly a part of Arcadis. Together, we are committed to improving the quality of life for our clients, people, partners and the communities we all serve.
We are seeking a talented Architectural Project Manager for our Binghamton, NY office who would be managing all aspects of a project, from conceptualization to construction administration for our Educational Group, (Learning Plus). The projects will be for either K-12 or Higher Education.
**Note that this position will ideally work in a hybrid work model.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Manage multiple project resources from cross-functional teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants
- Coordinate the design, construction and management of a variety of projects, including liaising with clients, contractors, suppliers and consultants
- Lead the process to coordinate the opportunity response (example: RFP), prepares proposals, submissions and client presentations
- Apply knowledge of building codes and zoning bylaws
- Resolve technical and design issues within the project scope and escalate as needed to ensure project objectives are met
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews, processes submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI
- Provide project reporting and ad-hoc analysis, and presents project status and issues requiring attention by senior management
- Oversee projects from start to finish
- Manage the design team
- Coordinate with the client
- Manage the project financials
- Maintain project schedule
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Masters degree a Plus
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience as a project architect with at least 5 years of PM experience.
- Must have experience in the Educational sector; can be Higher Education or k-12.
- Licensed Architect preferred (State or National level)
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures; specifically in New York State
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create technical documents that succinctly describe the work to be done
- Experience with large complex projects, coordinating multi-disciplinary practice
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills
- Experience with Regulatory approval process/ building plan check review and permitting
- LEED certification preferred
- Proficient in REVIT and other drafting programs such as AutoCAD
- Must be willing to travel to client/project sites as needed.
- Please submit your portfolio with your resume/CV either in PDF or weblink format.
Why you should work for Arcadis IBI Group:
Arcadis IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package.
Our employees will find a design environment where collaboration is at the core of the business. We proudly support our team members through continuing education, completion of licenses and certifications, memberships in professional societies, seminar and conference attendance.
- Robust Extended + Medical Benefits
- 401k Match
- Participation in Incentives Program
- Remote Work Options or Hybrid WFH-Office Schedule depending on the needs of the business
- Coverage of Licensing Fees and Annual Dues to Professional Associations
- Professional Development & Self-Directed Learning Resources
In accordance with Equal Pay Transparency Rules, the salary range is $90,000 to $110,000 - dependent upon experience, capabilities, licensure/certification, and location of residence.
As part of Arcadis IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Arcadis IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability.
We request applicants submit RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.