Project Manager/Architect Education)
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals who share a common desire - to help our clients create liveable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
Arcadis has officially purchased IBI Group and with this transaction now complete, IBI will now be known as Arcadis IBI Group moving forward. Please refer to our website for more information.
Our Houston office is seeking a talented Architectural Project Manager to join our Educational Buildings team! The successful candidate would manage all aspects of a project, from programming and conceptualization to construction administration and closeout for our educational practice group.
*Please note that due to the nature of the role being client-facing, you will be required to be available to work from the Houston office in a hybrid work-from-home and office model and be able to travel to client sites from time to time.
Most Of The Things You’ll Work On:
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while leading a team to complete each task
- Accountable for quality control, project execution, and code compliance
- Coordinate project design, construction, and management from start to finish, including coordinating and managing internal project team, consultants, contractors, and owners
- Provide and update budget estimates and schedules at each project milestone
- Review and process submittals, shop drawings, substitution requests, and address RFIs
- Write documents of change and review contractor pricing
- Resolve design and technical issues within the project scope and escalate as needed to ensure project objectives are met
- Provide a work plan and ensure projects are profitable and on schedule
- Understand and implement client standards
- Prepare owner and consultant contracts with the assistance of senior architects and the leadership team
- Prepare and present to community members and clients, including attending school board meetings as needed
- Mentor junior staff.
You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in educational architecture
- Architectural license in the State of Texas preferred
- MUST be proficient in Revit with hands-on experience in a workplace setting
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create and direct others to assemble technical documents
- Experience with regulatory approval process/building plan check review and permitting
- Strong leadership, organizational, written/verbal communication, and relationship-management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative and a strong team player.
Arcadis IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package.
Our employees will find a design environment where collaboration is at the core of the business. We proudly support our team members through continuing education, completion of licenses and certifications, memberships in professional societies, seminar and conference attendance.
- Robust Extended + Medical Benefits
- 401k Match
- Participation in Incentives Program
- Remote Work Options or Hybrid WFH-Office Schedule depending on the needs of the business
- Coverage of Licensing Fees and Annual Dues to Professional Associations
- Professional Development & Self-Directed Learning Resources
As part of Arcadis IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Arcadis IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability.
We request applicants submit their RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.