Transportation Systems Engineer
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
IBI Group is now proudly a part of Arcadis. Together, we are committed to improving the quality of life for our clients, people, partners and the communities we all serve.
Overview: In this entry level role, you will be working on ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems), Communications Technology, and Transit Technology projects. As an ITS Professional, you will contribute to projects related to the application of technology to improve the experience of daily travelers in New England and across the US and Canada. We work with state and city Departments of Transportation and municipal and regional transit agencies to plan, design, and implement new systems for advanced traffic management, smart work zones, real-time traveler information, transit technology, and more. We are looking for a candidate who is motivated, can think independently, is inquisitive, is willing to learn, and is willing to take initiative and ownership of deliverables.
Responsibilities: Work with mid-level and senior ITS professionals, planners, and engineers to develop plans and specifications for ITS and communications infrastructure
• Research emerging and innovative technologies and solutions
• Apply Systems Engineering principles to the design, engineering, implementation, and testing of transportation technology projects
• Assist with preparing System Engineer documents such as Concepts of Operations, Strategic Plans, Standard Operation Procedures, Guidelines and System Requirement documents
• Provide technical support to the Transportation Management Centers, and other Transportation Systems Management & Operations (TSMO) initiatives as directed.
• Assist with preparing and presenting materials at client meetings
• Review contractor proposals and design documentation
• Support development of schedules and cost estimates
• Attend and contribute to team meetings
• Support field inspections and system testing activities, including review of proposed test procedures
• Support staff with business development initiatives
• Candidates must have graduated with a relevant Engineering degree from an accredited University;
• Undergraduate is acceptable.
• Candidates must have excellent and demonstrable oral and written communications skills;
• Candidates must have excellent analytical skills that should be demonstrable through previous work experience or University courses;
• Candidates with familiarity with highway and public transit transportation and engineering fundamentals, and the development and/or review of engineering plans, specifications, and estimates are preferred;
• AutoCAD and MS Office 365 (including Visio and Excel) are useful skills, but not a requirement;
• Candidates must live close enough to the Boston office, as there is an expectation that you will be willing to travel to client sites as required, in and around the Boston area.
• Having taken the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or preparing to take the FE exam is useful, but not required;
Arcadis has officially purchased IBI Group and with this transaction now complete, IBI will now be known as Arcadis IBI moving forward. Please refer to our website for more information.
Our employees will find a design environment where collaboration is at the core of the business. We proudly support our team members through continuing education, completion of licenses and certifications, memberships in professional societies, seminar and conference attendance.
• Robust Extended + Medical Benefits
• 401k Match
• Participation in Incentives Program
• Remote Work Options or Hybrid WFH-Office Schedule depending on the needs of the business
• Coverage of Licensing Fees and Annual Dues to Professional Associations
• Professional Development & Self-Directed Learning Resources
Arcadis IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council.
We request applicants submit a RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB. For design related roles, we also require a portfolio to review.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Arcadis IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence, drug testing and driver’s license record.