Interior Designer (Corporate Interiors)
- 55 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M4V 1N5, Canada
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
The successful candidate(s) must have a passion for design, be creative, organized and self-motivated. The successful candidate(s) will help lead projects from the initial conceptual design phase, through to contract documentation, implementation and close-out. Working with a variety of clients and trades, the successful candidate must be capable of clear communication to effectively manage projects from commencement to completion.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Involvement in all phases of the design process from schematic design through to contract documentation including: site analysis, programming, blocking and stacking, space planning, plans, elevations, details, millwork design, schedules and specifications.
- Assist with contract administration and furniture tenders.
- Coordinate with furniture manufacturers and ancillary product suppliers
- Develop and support the design team with working drawings, 3D models and presentations.
- Develop preliminary space plans and design concepts to ensure code, accessibility and functional requirements are met.
- Review and coordinate consultant’s drawings
- Translate the client’s needs into an innovative design solution.
- Develop furniture, fixtures and equipment selections and specifications
- Research new products and consult with suppliers.
- Communicate and coordinate with consultants, trades, clients and team members.
- Participate in client presentations.
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Mentor junior staff members and help senior staff members organize the project team.
- Promote design excellence through the spirit of team collaboration and innovation.
You'll Need To Have:
- A professional degree/diploma in Interior Design or, equivalent.
- 5+ years of corporate interiors focused project experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Google Sketch Up, Adobe Suite, and graphic design.
- Revit knowledge an asset
- Understanding of 3D visualization software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the OBC/AODA
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn.
- Strong organizational, technical and project management skills with an ability to collaborate with team members and follow instructions.
- Strong ability to manage clients and build relationships.
- ARIDO intern member or registered member.
- Corporate Interiors experience is preferred.
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19 but when we do the office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. Candidates will also need to confirm they are fully vaccinated in accordance with IBI Group’s mandatory vaccination policy in Canada. #ibi
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.