- 1285 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6E 4B1, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group's Toronto office is searching for a Chatbot Developer to join its growing team. Are you looking for a challenging
opportunity where you will take on a variety of responsibilities in a fast paced environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to
further develop your technological and analytical skills and work with individuals at different levels within an organization? Then come discover what IBI has to offer.
Candidates residing in US are open to apply.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to design, develop, deliver and maintain web application(chatbot) functionalities to automate identified business processes
- Work with the process owners to understand the processes and map them.
- Be a thought leader on the application of different automation technologies to drive business outcomes including, but not limited to, applying standard chatbot technologies
- Coordinate efforts with project teams, including business, IT, and third-parties to identify processes, apply Lean/Six Sigma principles, and coordinate with teams to develop/implement chatbot functionalities
- Be detail focused, possess an ability to learn quickly, the capability to identify automation opportunities, and the experience to deliver robust chatbot functionalities that will deliver the required business benefits
- Fosters and maintains relationships with stakeholders, colleagues, and team.
- Role supports and drives initiatives both internally within the business as well as externally with client facing deliverables.
You'll need to have:
- Minimum Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma from a recognized College or University
- 2+ years’ experience in building conversational flows using MS Bot Framework
- Demonstrated knowledge with Microsoft Azure and development languages C# and/or Node.js
- 1+ year Web App Experience – full stack / backend
- Hands on evaluation and implementation experience with MS Virtual Agents, Microsoft Bot Composer and MS Cognitive Services (LUIS and QnaMaker)
- Experience with developing and deploying SQL Server queries
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile project development methodology and Process Automaton technology is an asset
- Lean/Six Sigma understanding / certification is an asset.
- Experience with process mapping tools such as MS Visio is an asset.
- Ability to assess the “as is” state, identify opportunities for improvement, and lay out a roadmap for the “to be” state that leverages automation technologies.
- Ability to analyze business processes to identify process improvements and optimization
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills with an ability to lead discussions and liaise with various disciplines and teams for chatbot execution; influence, act swiftly under pressure, prioritize, and adapt to changing priorities depending on stakeholder needs
- A "Think Outside the Box" attitude and Continuous improvement mindset; identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas in a professional and constructive manner
- A keen interest and ability to link technologies and apply to business operations to achieve desired outcomes
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate complex technical matters in business terms.
We are currently working from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office located at 1285 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6E 4B1, Canada.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB