Legal Counsel (Corporate Commercial Litigation)
- 55 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M4V 1N5, Canada
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group’s Legal Services team is looking for a talented lawyer with expertise in litigation to join our team as Legal Counsel. We are headquartered in Toronto (Eastern Standard Time), but the successful candidate may work remotely.
Our disputes are not unusual, but our expectations of each other are high. The Legal Services team encourages innovative thinking and resourcefulness in our support of IBI Group’s business worldwide. The successful candidate will contribute meaningfully to the growth of the organization.
As an integral part of our Legal Team at IBI Group, Legal Counsel will be responsible for:
- Working directly with business leaders and our Legal Services team on all aspects of dispute resolution, including, litigation, claims management, mediations, arbitrations and pre-conflict advisory services; and
- Providing pro-active and practical business advice to reduce enterprise risk.
You’ll Need to Have:
- The successful candidate will have 2-4 years of post-qualification experience, in-house or with a well-recognized law firm, including a specific focus on litigation claims management (commercial and/or construction).
- Sound understanding and strong working knowledge of conflict resolution strategies and the associated business drivers.
- Strong interest in innovation, in both the delivery of legal services and the growth of our business.
- Technology law experience will be helpful, but not necessary.
- An ability and willingness to take on challenges and lead projects.
- The successful candidate may work remotely from any province within Canada. US candidates with experience in New York, Michigan, or California law are also encouraged to apply.
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we're located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
BI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB