Property Coordinator (Property Acquisitions - Subway Projects)
- 55 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M4V 1N5, Canada
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group’s Toronto (55 St Clair) office is searching for a Property Coordinator to join its growing team. We take pride in offering career growth and challenging opportunities within a global organization solving today’s difficult urban issues. The successful candidate will be dedicated to subway and rapid transit projects in the GTA.
Our collaborative planning practice produces long-term strategies that position communities for success in every aspect of the urban experience- from day-to-day living, learning and health, to major transportation and infrastructural growth. We’re designing the next “world-class” cities.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously to meet project schedules, milestones, and deadlines.
- Participate in project design development and provide property guidance as needed to other discipline teams within multi-disciplinary projects
- Read and understand reference plans, engineering or architectural drawings, general knowledge of common engineering and construction practices related to including stations, tunnels, systems and surface elements to develop a property acquisition strategy.
- Work with large multi-disciplinary teams to determine property requirements.
- Coordinate/lead as appropriate, negotiations with individual property owners to obtain Permission to Enter and site-specific agreements.
- Negotiate/coordinate various property related agreements, liaising with various parties (Metrolinx, City of Toronto, consultants, provincial agencies, and affected property owners) for their timely execution.
- Lead and/or attend meetings and working committees with the client, municipal and provincial agencies, representing the property requirements, as directed.
- Prepare various reports, presentations, etc. relating to area of responsibility
- Interpret legal documents including Project Agreements and Contracts.
- Be adaptable and flexible to an ever-changing and fast-paced working environment.
- Think strategically and conceptually, analyze data, consider relevant issues, develop potential solutions and make recommendations.
- Assist the Property Lead to develop weekly and monthly progress reports, manage schedules, and identify schedule risks.
- Follow quality assurance/quality control, and health and safety requirements.
You'll Need To Have:
- Must have 3+ years of applicable experience; recent graduates with relevant coop/internship experiences will be considered
- Undergraduate degree or post-secondary college diploma in a related discipline (e.g. planning, urban studies, engineering, development, real estate, etc.)
- Related experience in a property acquisition and/or project infrastructure environment; or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Must have knowledge of real estate, property negotiations, and lease agreements
- Must be well versed in the whole property acquisition process
- Experience in reading engineering/architectural drawings and coordinating with consultants an asset
- Experience in the expropriation process and land valuation is an asset
- Experience with rapid transit and/or subways is an asset
- Sound judgement and ability to deal with situations with tact
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently as well as work in a large team
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of legal aspects of land development, construction staging, and legal regulations is an asset
- Proficient in MicroStation or AutoCAD is an asset
- Must be able to travel to worksite to monitor affected properties and meet with property owners as required
- Must be able to work from home temporarily due to COVID-19
- Must be able to work from the client’s office when we return to an in-office setting
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we're located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
BI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB