Intermediate Interior Designer – Healthcare/Transit/Institutional/P3 Projects
- 55 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M4V 1N5, Canada
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
The successful candidate(s) must have a passion for design, be creative, organized and self-motivated. The successful candidate(s) will help lead projects from the initial conceptual design phase, through to contract documentation, implementation and close-out. Working with a variety of clients and trades, the successful candidate must be capable of clear communication to effectively manage projects from commencement to completion.
- Involvement in all phases of the design process from schematic design through to contract documentation including: site analysis, programming, blocking and stacking, space planning, plans, elevations, details, millwork design, schedules and specifications.
- Assist with contract administration and furniture tenders.
- Coordinate with furniture manufacturers and ancillary product suppliers
- Develop and support the design team with working drawings, 3D models and presentations.
- Develop preliminary space plans and design concepts to ensure code, accessibility and functional requirements are met.
- Review and coordinate consultant’s drawings
- Translate the client’s needs into an innovative design solution.
- Develop furniture, fixtures and equipment selections and specifications
- Research new products and consult with suppliers.
- Communicate and coordinate with consultants, trades, clients and team members.
- Participate in client presentations.
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Mentor junior staff members and help senior staff members organize the project team.
- Promote design excellence through the spirit of team collaboration and innovation.
- A professional degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
- 4+ years of commercial interiors focused project experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Google Sketch Up, Adobe Suite, and graphic design.
- Revit mandatory
- Understanding of 3D visualization software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to collaborate with team members and follow instructions.
- Strong ability to manage clients and build relationships.
- ARIDO intern member or applicable organizational member
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19 but when we do return to the office we're located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. You will need to be local to the Toronto office and able to work remotely until we return to the office.
The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects. You’ll have direct access to management while benefiting from our enthusiastic and helpful organizational resources team. As a global architecture, engineering and technology design firm, IBI Group also has offices across the country, continent and world.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #IBI