Construction/Project Coordinator (Subway Project)
- 55 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M4V 1N5, Canada
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group as part of One+ JV was awarded the Technical Advisory Consultancy for Scarborough Subway Extension and Yonge Subway Extension. The position Construction Coordinator and Community Relations role is specific to Scarborough Subway Extension Project to carry out Construction and Project Coordination related to community relations in Scarborough subway Extension. Reporting to the Construction Lead, the successful candidate will not only have strong project coordination experience, an eye for detail and strong sense of urgency, but also be capable of fielding public concerns and inquiries and communicating this with Metrolinx. You will also offer specific experience in working on-site on complex construction projects (P3, Infrastructure, Transit, Master Planning, etc.) involving multiple disciplines across architecture and engineering as well as public relations. Past experience working on Light Rail Transit (LRT) projects is a definite asset. The work will involve liaising and coordination with Contracting Authorities, Internal and External Stakeholders, Contractors and communities. Note that this role will require a significant amount of time dedicated at the project site(s) in Scarborough.
Most Of The Things You'll Work On:
- Reports to the Construction Lead
- Liaise and coordinate with Contracting Authority to resolve community issues and complaints
- Develop the Stakeholder communication section of the Monthly progress report in coordination with the Commercial Manager
- Identify and report any potential issues, delays, risks related to community relations
- Investigate community construction complaints
- Follow up with Contractors on resolving construction complaints
- Frequent visits to the project sites in Scarborough.
- Attend meetings with CA and Stakeholders as needed and when required.
- Work as the main point of contact for Metrolink’s communication staff to be in touch with when they require information related to construction activities and assist in any other inquiries that Metrolinx may receive.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Minimum Post-Secondary University Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of related experience with on-site Construction Coordination and community/stakeholder relationship management experience related to heavy construction projects.
- PEO – eligible or registered as an EIT or P.Eng.
- MUST HAVE experience with complex construction projects involving close contact with the public such as P3, Infrastructure or LRT projects. Experience on Metrolinx projects is desired.
- MUST HAVE strong project coordination skills with an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all external and internal stakeholders as well as be able to independently write reports and correspondence.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be technically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- MUST be able to work on site and travel to project site offices in Scarborough from time to time.
- MUST have access to a vehicle and a driving license in good standing
- Please submit a cover letter AND resume
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we're located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
BI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB