Construction Quality Lead (LRT Project)
- 55 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M4V 1N5, Canada
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
The position Quality Manager is specific to Transit Projects. Reporting to the Construction Lead, the successful candidate will not only have strong construction experience, an eye for detail and a strong sense of urgency but also have very strong written and verbal communication skills. You will also offer specific experience in working in complex construction projects (P3, Infrastructure, Transit, Master Planning, etc.) involving multiple disciplines across architecture, systems, construction management, project management and engineering. The work will involve the review of Contractors’ Quality submittals, the execution and carry out Quality Audits, the development of Quality and Inspection Plans, and Quality Oversight and development of monthly reports related to Quality findings. Past experience working on Light Rail Transit (LRT) and subway projects is a definite asset. Note that this role will require a significant amount of time dedicated at the project site(s) in Scarborough, Toronto and York Region.
Most of the Things You’ll Work On:
- Reports to the Construction Lead
- Develop, implement, maintain, and ensure the effective operation of the Quality Management System. Develops and maintains Quality Policy, Processes, Procedures and related documents. Reviews Quality Manuals, documents, and implementation procedures to verify compliance with industry codes and standards, regulations, and regulatory commitments
- Prepare Quality Audit Plans and schedule and coordinate Quality Audits of key processes with Contractors and applicable Project Personnel
- Effectively document, follow-up and close corrective actions – both internal and external. Analyze findings/ issues/ non-conformances identified during audits
- Carry out Quality Construction Oversight
- Develop and maintain NCRs log and resolution/issues related to NCRs
- Ensure all materials and/or equipment received for the Project Work meet the specified requirements for quality, if/as applicable
- Ensure a complete and accurate record of all quality-related activities is maintained and effectively conduct regular reviews with Project Management and communicate with Project Managers and Clients on all quality matters
- Attend meetings with Clients and Stakeholders as needed and when required
- Frequent visits to the project sites in Scarborough and Yonge subway extensions to monitor progress
You'll Need To Have:
- Minimum University Degree in Engineering.
- At least 15+ years of relevant work experience in the field of Construction Quality Oversight and Assurance, including 5+ years of experience in Rail and Transit Sector.
- MUST HAVE experience as a Quality Manager on a large integrated joint venture infrastructure projects - ie. P3, Infrastructure or LRT and subway projects. Experience on Metrolinx projects is desired
- MUST HAVE a Lead Auditor certification (ISO 9001 or equal) or ASQ certification (CMQ/OE, CQA, or CQE)
- MUST HAVE strong communication, and negotiation skills with an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing as well as be able to independently write reports and correspondence
- Strong leadership and construction/project management skills expected
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be technically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint. Projectwise experience an asset.
- MUST be able to work on site and travel to project site offices in Scarborough and Yonge Subway Extensions from time to time.
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we're located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB