Test and Release Engineer (Graduate entry level position)
- The Athenaeum Building, 8 Nelson Mandela Pl, Glasgow G2 1BT, Glasgow, United Kingdom
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
We are a recognised leader in the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) field, having acted as consultant, designer and systems and software developers on projects with local and national highway and transport organisations, in the UK and overseas. Our professionals bring expertise across the broad spectrum from policy development and concept design, through software and systems development to operations and maintenance. The firm has significant experience in the fields of strategy and policy, traffic management and network operation, traveller information systems, data analysis, ticketing and smart cards, tolling and security.
Our Development team is principally based in Glasgow and includes software and web developers, user interface designers, database developers and administrators and test and release engineers supported by project managers and ITS professionals. We offer training, support and career development for all our staff within their relevant fields of expertise. Equally we appreciate the value to our staff and the firm in developing cross disciplines skills and gaining experience across all areas of our business.
We are seeking to appoint a Graduate entry level Test and Release Engineer to support our successful team to continue to build the Intelligent Transportation Systems of the future.
Working as part of the team, you will assist on a large range of client based projects, providing a pro-active service by ensuring data management policies, standards and procedures are being followed in both the development and live environments while identifying and suggesting any areas for improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of passionate team to ensuring quality is driven into the heart of the development process
- Supporting a wide variety of tasks, projects and multiple clients
- Assisting with the testing of software across various platforms, web browsers and mobile devices
- Actively contributing to design meetings and assisting with reviews of software requirements
- Working with business stakeholders to identify improvements or raise issues with the software, or processes
- Assisting with prioritisation of tasks
- University Degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 2 years of IT Support experience
- A passion and enthusiasm for software testing
- An interest and desire for continued learning
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- The ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- An understanding of the various types of testing performed in Agile projects - eg Exploratory, Risk-Based, Session-Based and Automation
Experience or knowledge of the following is not essential but would be warmly received:
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL-TA)
- Experience in test automation
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role they are under consideration for and prior to receiving a job offer. These could include work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefits package and pays association dues and licensing fees.