Architect _ Healthcare Sector
- One Didsbury Point, 2 The Avenue, Manchester M20 2EY, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group’s award-winning Manchester is searching for an Architect to join the team. IBI Group employs c250 specialists across the UK and 2,500 globally, and we are keen to engage with high calibre architectural talent that will enjoy the support of a successful organisation and work alongside experienced and talented colleagues.
This challenge will give you the opportunity to focus on a range of projects for a growing and diverse client base. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative and inclusive team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence who work across several sectors including Health, Education, Science and Living.
You’ll be coordinating the design & construction phases of projects of varying size, delivering high quality architectural solutions, leading elements of large and small projects independently while supporting the Studio management team with input to programming and resourcing reviews. Your sector experience will ideally include recent exposure to Healthcare and Science projects.
In the UK, IBI Group’s experience extends to all aspects of Healthcare procurement including traditional, PFI, 3PD and LIFT schemes across acute, primary, private and mental health sectors. As a trusted supply chain partner, our portfolio also includes all three of the UK’s national healthcare frameworks and NHS SBS.
IBI Group provides architectural, healthcare planning, interior design and landscape services; a complementary offering that clients find adds value to their projects. With expertise in estate strategies and briefing through to full building design, our experience encompasses every aspect of the project life-cycle.
Through our design research and innovation team, IBI THiNK, the practice’s award-winning Healthcare designs remain progressive and innovative through playing a leading role in the research and design of new initiatives, the development of new products and the production of guidance notes that help shape the future of healthcare provision. Our reputation is built on achieving client satisfaction through design excellence underpinned by our belief that good design really does make a difference.
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we're located in Didsbury and soon to be relocating to Manchester city centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting and leading on projects with responsibility for programme and budget management, effective time and resources management and promoting best practice & knowledge within the Studio
- Coordinating contract documents, design / consulting teams and follow projects through to completion (contract administration)
- Work in all aspects of projects: design development, working drawings, contract administration and on site services
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with other disciplines
- Lead elements of large / complex projects or small projects independently, working with / without a team
- Manage client relationships and team communication (including project teams and budgets)
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Maintain the project documentation, drawings and specifications
- Conduct on-site inspections and document site reviews
- Process change control requests during construction and address RFI
- Interface with statutory authorities during the design and construction phases of the project
- Develop and promote excellent people management practices
- Understand and adhere to procedures including quality management and environmental management systems and health & safety
- Contribute to the business development activities of the Studio and office
- Support in the preparation of proposals, submissions and presentations
- Promotes the use and continuous development of appropriate systems, procedures and protocols
- RIBA Part 3 qualified and ARB registered
- A background across UK projects, specifically healthcare and potentially science.
- Experience of working on larger projects as part of a team and day to day leadership for smaller projects
- A working knowledge of Revit and BIM experience
- Naturally you’ll have a strong knowledge of building regulations, design standards and best practice
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role they are under consideration for and prior to receiving a job offer. These could include work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefits package and pays association dues and licensing fees.