Junior Structural Engineer/EIT
- 175 Galaxy Blvd, Toronto, ON M9W 0C9, Canada
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
We are currently seeking a Junior to Intermediate Structural Engineer or EIT to join our Toronto West Engineering Practice. The successful candidate will report directly to the Practice Lead, Structural Engineering and work on a collaborate team on a variety of large scale projects, including but not limited to; high impact transit, commercial and industrial projects; with a heavy emphasis on design.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Preparing engineering designs from conceptual and detailed design through to tender and construction documents; managing multiple projects of varying scale
- Provide input to proposals, feasibility studies, design criteria, reports, preliminary design and engineering specifications
- Preparation of project design calculations and specifications
- Support the preparation of schedules, estimates and proposals
- Coordination with other disciplines
- Liaison with Client, Authorities, Contractors
- Coordinate the activities of other project team members as required
- Foster client relationships and ensuring that client needs are met and exceeded
You'll Need To Have:
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- 1 - 3 years of design experience; preferably in a multi-disciplinary consulting environment; strong coop experience also considered
- Member with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) as an EIT or P.Eng
- Knowledge of Canadian & US concrete and steel design codes, familiarity with other international codes an asset
- Strong communicator; ability to generate technical reports
- Familiar with structural analysis programs, such as, ETABS, SAP 2000 or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD. Microstation knowledge is an asset
- Possess leadership qualities to coordinate project efforts with other disciplines and internal/external stakeholders
- Excellent client service orientation with proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
[IF PORTFOLIO IS REQUIRED, insert the below as the end of the ad]:
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB #IBI