Architectural Assistant _ Part I
- Morgan Arcade, 105 - 106 Creative Quarter, Cardiff CF10 1AF, Cardiff, United Kingdom
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
- Integrity – We do what is right
- Partnerships – We work together
- Excellence – We pursue design excellence
- Innovation – We embrace ingenuity
- Community – We build community
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI Group, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group UK are recruiting for Architectural Assistants to join our growing team. IBI Group employs c250 experts across the UK and 2,500 globally - you’ll enjoy the support of a successful organisation and experienced colleagues.
As an Architectural Assistant you will be given the opportunity to work on exciting projects primarily in the Healthcare sector with a wide range of project types and scales at all stages from initial concept designs through to construction.
At IBI we actively encourage our Architectural Assistants to take on responsibility and we organise our project teams to encourage design creativity and practical job running experience that enables career growth within the organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attending team meetings and understanding the scope of the service and time scale for projects allocated to the team
- Assisting architectural teams with design information, primarily in Revit but additionally with the use of other presentation software
- Taking an active role in the development of projects
- Preparing drawings, graphics, reports and information
- Working collaboratively with other members of the team and / or consultants
- Ensuring, with other members of the team, that the project is effectively administered and managed
- Understanding and adhering to Practice procedures including quality management environmental management and health & safety
- Part I qualified
- Strong drawing skills, creative and willing to learn
- Efficient and accurate individual with good problem solving skills
- Ability to review information and query anomalies
- Good organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical proficiency across a combination of CAD and illustration software packages including Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, InDesign and Photoshop is required
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role they are under consideration for and prior to receiving a job offer. These could include work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefits package and pays association dues and licensing fees.