Architect (Senior) Science and Technology
- 25200 Telegraph Rd, Southfield, MI 48033, USA
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here’s how we work:
IBI Group is seeking a high-caliber, dynamic Senior Architect to join our Southfield MI office to serve as a Principal Architect, leading the office’s growing Science and Technology practice. This senior architectural role can also be based in Alexandria VA, Pompano Beach FL, or any of the IBI Group offices located on the East Coast. They will be a part of IBI Group’s Learning + team, helping to win, design and lead a team of architects on projects within the US.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Ability to work in and lead a team coordinating with other designers, architects, engineers, inspectors, and owners.
- Collaborate with other IBI Group architectural practices around the US, and potentially globally, in helping to promote and enhance the Learning + brand.
- Be the face of IBI Group Science and Technology practice within the US.
- Experience with client interface as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, well-organized and manage time effectively.
- Team player with excellent listening skills and diplomacy.
- Cultivate and maintain client relationships.
- Oversee and lead multiple projects through all phases of design, and actively lead the design process.
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure presentations and deliverables meet a high standard of graphic quality that exceed client expectations and advance the reputation of the firm.
- Ability to define scope of work, tasks, schedules and budget. Manage projects, people and be an individual contributor.
- Develop proposals and direct marketing activities.
- Oversee project planning, budget, scheduling, quality control and deliverables.
- Provide technical guidance and creative solutions to resolve design challenges.
- Participate in design of projects and fulfill the lead architect role including overseeing and participating in the documentation and specifications.
You'll need to have:
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited university. Masters’ degree preferred.
- Licensed Architect.
- 12 - 15 years plus experience in Science and Technology facilities with 5 years leading an architectural team in the design and development of the educational facilities through construction.
- Lab Planning would be considered an asset.
- LEED accreditation preferred and ALEP accreditation considered a plus
- AutoCAD and Revit/BIM experience required.
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment with a sense of urgency and manage several projects and priorities at one time.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Some travel required.
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- Ability to research and lead business development in educational related work.
Welcome to IBI Group! Located on the 3rd floor of the award-winning Mars Building in Southfield, our office is close to all major highways and just minutes from the exciting renaissance taking place in Downtown Detroit. Southfield has long been considered one of the best places to work in the metro area, with easy access to restaurants, shopping and residential life in the neighboring cities and suburbs.
Our employees enjoy collaborating in a newly renovated, open concept office, allowing us to take a creative approach to projects. Locally, you’ll be working with peers, members of management, and our enthusiastic project services team. As a global architecture, engineering and technology design firm, IBI Group also has offices across the country, continent and world.
IBI Group provides a 401K plan, competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.